Sign in to follow this  
alexj7

Destination gate feature - possible improvements

I've been using the destination airport and gate feature to make sure my arrival gate is open. There are a few things that could be improved, imo. For reference, I am using MSFS.

1) It is hard to tell if this actually is working, many times the gate is occupied. I realize the gate has to match *exactly*. It'd be nice if there was a confirmation that a matching gate was found or not.

2) The destination airport and gate always disappear for me after a bit. I'm not sure exactly when, but the fields definitely are clearing themselves every time. Makes it hard to realize if it is working. I make sure to hit enter after typing in the values so it "takes".

3) If I already landed and want to clear a different gate, it appears impossible since you can no longer set destination once you've arrived there.

Thanks!

Edited by alexj7

23 hours ago, alexj7 said:

1)  It'd be nice if there was a confirmation that a matching gate was found or not.

There is. If you reach your destination and the airport file is read, PSXT checks  the correctness of the gate name. You will see a message about that in the GUI info line and in the Log.txt.

2) The destination airport and gate always disappear for me after a bit. I'm not sure exactly when, but the fields definitely are clearing themselves every time.

If both disappear PSXT may have restarted, always keep an eye on the PSXT GUI every now and then. Althoug these restarts seldomly occur while at cruize. When you are near to the destination airport and the airport file is loaded, indicated by park airport in the GUI, the destination mame becomes cleared in the GUI, because you have reached hyour destinatination. However, the Gate keeps visible.

From now on, so even after landing, you can still change the Gate. There is no need to enter a destination airport, while PSXT will check the new gate with the park airport.

3) If I already landed and want to clear a different gate, it appears impossible since you can no longer set destination once you've arrived there.

That should not be true, PSXT is not designed that way, see my previous answer.

Edited by kiek