Sign in to follow this  
Konterhalbe

MSFS beta renames addon folders on its own?

I've just flown into Vagar EKVG and noticed, Superspud's amazing scenery was gone.

Checked the Community folder if I had accidentially deleted it. The EKVG folder was still there, but renamed to airport-ekvg-vagar-superspud_qG1T6.

If I open this folder, I find the one (with the json in it) that was in the community folder before as it's supposed to: airport-ekvg-vagar-superspud.

Same for lightbringer-airport-edde-erfurt_vLkC8. It has got the correct folder in it without "_vLkC8".

Is this some sort of protection mechanism of the sim to prevent CTDs to happen because of addons that the sim considers to be a threat to stability or something similar?

Can I just bring the original addon folders back up to the community folder and delete the one with the alphanumeric name extension?

I never joined a MSFS beta before the current ongoing one and never seen my addon directories getting renamed without me doing anything in the community folder.

That sounds like the zip files have not been 'extracted here', but 'extracted to... ' therefore creating a new folder with the same name as the original zip file. 

This folder will contain the required folders as you have stated. The downloads from fsto are often named as you have described with an alphanumeric addition. 

Nothing that the sim does, just incorrect management of the original download. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dazzlercee23 said:

That sounds like the zip files have not been 'extracted here', but 'extracted to... ' therefore creating a new folder with the same name as the original zip file. 

This folder will contain the required folders as you have stated. The downloads from fsto are often named as you have described with an alphanumeric addition. 

Nothing that the sim does, just incorrect management of the original download. 

Must be an extraction error by me then.

I've downloaded updated versions of EKVG and EDDE couple weeks ago and most likely messed it up at that point.

Thanks for your hint!