Sign in to follow this  
sidfadc

New user questions - PSXT keeps crashing...

Hi guys,

I've downloaded latest version of RT and PSXT having a few issues using MSFS.  

I've set everything up as per manual, RT works in Spotter mode (with the sim closed) - tick

I've setup PSXT, changed the IPP folder to point to my packages folder and scanned liveries/airports - tick

Here's the issue....

If I launch PSXT first THEN the sim, I can see PSXT correctly shows liveries and number of airports scanned.  When the sim launches it connects with the version number and I see a GREEN Sim bar.  I load up EGCC, using PMDG 737 and PSXT recognises the aircraft......but when the sim loads in PSXT crashes with a small countdown at the bottom of the window.  If I relaunch PSXT, with the sim still loaded it doesn't do anything?

Below you can see positive connection to the sim....

Desktop-Screenshot-2023-01-29-20-08-54-0

As soon as the sim loads in, I get a disconnection with a countdown at the bottom of the PSXT window

Desktop-Screenshot-2023-01-29-20-09-05-2

On the flip side, if I launch the sim first, load up at the Gate and then open PSXT it doesn't connect to the simulator, the Sim bar is shown as RED.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

59 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Below you can see positive connection to the sim....

Desktop-Screenshot-2023-01-29-20-08-54-0

As soon as the sim loads in, I get a disconnection with a countdown at the bottom of the PSXT window

PSXT is not crashing, but re-starting. That's because the loading of the  PMDG flight takes too long. But just wait till it starts-up again.

(Don't forget to start RT too.)

And if you have problems, you better post your Log.txt please. That file tells me a lot more that a few screenshots.

Yes thank you!  I realised I was simply being too impatient.......it took about 1-2 mins (roughly) for PSXT to kick into life.  I'm up and running now, just took off from EGCC and had the pleasure of watching the A380 depart for Dubai 🙂

Thomas Derbyshire