Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

3D Landing Lights?

All I meant, was some, (Few) have these entries in the aircraft.cfg file so the coordinates are already defined, all that needs to be done is replace the fx entry with the shockwave one. (It's irrelevant if it worked or not before). Most however as you say are not, so you have to find them yourself through trial and error!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Ok, I got ya now, the terminology was a little off then. They are a a part of the approach lighting system (ALS). Sequential Centerline Strobe Lights.Here's the RWY details for 13L/13R: ALSF1: standard 2,400 foot high intensity approach lighting system with centerline sequenced flashers (category I)...MALSR: 1,400 foot medium intensity approach lighting system with runway alignment indicator lights.For curved ones you might need actual customized scenery. Not sure the SDK for FS can do those(curved)....could be wrong though.You'll have to check throughout these forums and also over at www.fsdeveloper.com. There may also be some payware utils that might allow you to do that as well.Good luck.:-)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest stevehow

Hiseems to me that when i raise the landing gear ,the landing lights turn Off!anyone else have this happen?? cheers steve

Make sure that the lines added to your aircraft.cfg file resemblegaugeXX=shockwave_lights!SW Lights, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light if you don't want the lights to turn off when raising the gear, and gaugeXX=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light if you do want the lights to turn off when raising the gear.

Guest Tako_Kichi

Just a note for reference .... if the landing lights are mounted to the gear or the gear doors then you really need this line in the panel.cfg file....gaugeXX=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light Where XX = the next available gauge number...otherwise the 3D Lights

>All I meant, was some, (Few) have these entries in the>aircraft.cfg file so the coordinates are already defined, all>that needs to be done is replace the fx entry with the>shockwave one. (It's irrelevant if it worked or not before).>Most however as you say are not, so you have to find them>yourself through trial and error!Tom, what you might have meant and what you actually stated are different... ;) You stated:">If the landing lights are defined in the aircraft.cfg file,"My point being that no "landing lights" are ever "defined in the aircraft.cfg file."What is "defined in the aircraft.cfg file" are the "balls and/or cones of light" effects, not the "landing lights." "Landing lights" and "taxi lights" are part of the model file. Period. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill! I understand what you are saying and I agree, but for the purposes of getting this particular addon to work it's irrelevant. What is relevant is that if in the lights section of the aircraft.cfg file there is entries with type 5 (Landing Lights). If there is, it's just a matter of replacing the existing FX light file defined there with the shockwaves file, since the coordinates are already established for you. I had a few in my collection and was able to implement this addon fx file this way. If it's not which is the case with most aircraft unfortunately then you must locate the coordinates yourself through trial and error.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>C'mon guys, let's be serious...>Shockwave should have offered its (nice though) file for free>to advertize their company or at least sale it with an>automatic smart installer for every aircraft (stock and>others) but as such, IMHO, it is a real nonsense when we see>all the fantastic work offered everyday in the Library.It's somewhat ironic that I pretty much provided instructions for anyone with the inclination to write their own .fx file to replicate the payware product, but no one seems to have noticed... *:-*

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest SkyDrift

Oh, I don't know about that, Bill :>)- Skydrift

This is an interesting thread but you know what it needs? Screenshots of the 3D landing lights being used at night!!;-)

Wrap it up...put it on your site...and you'll have 5 thousand people who know how to do it...hehe.:9

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

>>C'mon guys, let's be serious...>>Shockwave should have offered its (nice though) file for>free>>to advertize their company or at least sale it with an>>automatic smart installer for every aircraft (stock and>>others) but as such, IMHO, it is a real nonsense when we see>>all the fantastic work offered everyday in the Library.>>It's somewhat ironic that I pretty much provided instructions>for anyone with the inclination to write their own .fx file to>replicate the payware product, but no one seems to have>noticed... *:-* It's time for a freeware version ;-)Andr

André

I hope some developers find a way to depict rainfall on the windshield by means of a still image, waterdrops and dirt and a wiper cleaned area to look through :-) That would do it for me.Regards, Gerrit

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White