Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

3D Landing Lights?

Thanks for the shots you guys, they look awesome. PhilC is that airport Yakutat (PAYA)?

Guest PhilC

No. It is an airport that Bill and I built named Valley Flying Field in Washington state (WAVF).

>Can some elaborate on this product for me. I am so>disappointed that JFK VOR 13L/R has no lead in lights. It is>a great approach and lead in lights are required. Does anyone>know if there's a fix to this? FS2002 had it, FS9 and FSX>didn't have them.In AVSIM library:Find (search) canasie1.zip [by Douglas MA Rooks] (for FS2000)I used it for FS9 and it works great!canarsie.bgl (correct spelling here) will be added to FS9Addon Scenery scenery ....folder to get it working in MSFS9 (the location is different for MSFS2000 ... per instructions in the ZIP's installation information).I asked the author if he was doing it for MSFX ... he has not purchased MSFSX yet ... maybe at a later date.We really need the "Canarsie lead in lights" added to the KJFK scenery for MSFSX by some good scenery designer ... freeware or payware.Really is needed for landing on the 13L and 13R at KJFK!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

KJFK's "leadin lights" for the 13L/R approaches: Watch the Video at:

>They're talking about the landing lights on the aircraft>itself.>>"lead in lights--green" which come off the runway to the>taxiways, to the apron area; are low visibilty route lights>usually required as a part of the runway and airport>certification for low vis operations and, I think, also a part>of the runways approach category type requirement (CAT I, II,>III, etc.) for that particular runway.>>A runway with a VOR approach would most likely not require>lead in lights because the minimums are not low enough for>them to come into play even though they me be present and>working all the time. >>Keeping in mind also that the same runway may also have a CAT>III ILS approach as well which would explain why you see>them.>>Now why airports have them on when VFR conditions exist...hard>to say...maybe once they're installed they're just always on>or they are also a part of the new runway safety program.>>I think that's probably more information then you needed and>may not be entirely accurate, but close.>>Edit: To answer the other part of your question, you can>change the scenery to more accuratly reflect the real world>layout of the runway type, etc.. Just do a search here in the>scenery design forum.

Best Regards,

>I think he's talking about the LDIN lights... The curved>SFL's, not the green centerline lights.>>And for the record, I've been missing them as well...>>Regards,>>NickIs this what you want ... watch the video :KJFK's "leadin lights" for the 13L/R approaches: Watch the Video at:

Best Regards,

>Yes, I was talking about the curved lead in lights to VOR>13L/R near the Belt Pkwy in JFK. Can someone add them in?See these videos:KJFKCararsie "lead in lights" for the Runway 13 approach.Two videos to watch.Night approach, clear skies:

Night approach, in fog/haze:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CahWvTbRc4I got Douglas MA Rooks canasie1.zip from AVSIM library.It was designes for FS2000 but it will also work in MSFS9.We need to get a scenery designer to do the "lead in" lights for KJFK for MSFSX.I don't know ... maybe it would be too hard to do for FSX?

Best Regards,

Guest PhilC

Sure. You will find a link to it in the Emma Field Flying Club forums here:http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=19Some things to be aware of:1)It was designed with UTX installed. If you don't have UTX it will still work fine but the airport may sit on a plateau.2) I used a few older scenery objects from the RWY12 libraries. The needed files are listed in the readme. Again, they are not required but do add a few more objects. Most objects are FSX default ones.

A link to what?A subject, title, person, message line.What to look for in Emma FF Club?

Best Regards,

Guest PhilC

Go to the link provided above and read the thread titled:Valley Flying Field for FSX

OK,Will do.Thanks a lot for the follow up.

Best Regards,