Sign in to follow this  
scott967

FSX WATER COLORS

Thanks Sherm, I'll take a look. Taxiing around KSJX was a bit tricky ;) , but I got off the Island and flew to Waukegan.Heading back close to home to Port Clinton in a few. Cold (cool) and rainy here today....a good day to fly.....albeit probably a bit cloudy and rainy on my way back I'm sure.

Sure, do a search for 'scout' in the FSX repaint file section. John Cagle modified some repaints for FSX that were previously released for FS9......including one of my own ;) The screen shot paint job in my sig is by Urs Burkhardt, one of the great re-paint masters.I've also 'ported' a few more from FS9 into FSX, but it does take a bit of work, the program DXTBmp, and an image editor. I use PhotoShop.

KUGN was were I took flight training at the Stick and Rudder Flying Club. I got as far as 20+ hours in a Cessna 150. It was a ball, but the flight surgeon cut my training short...so it was no solo for me. Now, I'm stictly a sim pilot. Sherm

At the risk of getting back on topic, for one thing on my machine, the difference in water color between 1.x and 2.x is pretty big. The other is that in FSX, there are more water class values for inland water, so it might be that a new water class file will help things, for example water class 1 is for typical blue ponds, but now 7 is available for muddy ponds. (See sceneryworldtexture301b2su1.bmp and 307b2su1.bmp).scott s..