Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

CTD With every flight

1 hour ago, Mejjo said:

Little update:

Removed Norton 360 and CTD still occurred. This time after 20 minutes. Going to to fun troubleshooting this one! Also, made sure USB devices would not power off. 

I’ve now read several say to remove Realtek driver so I have done that. Jumping back in to text again. 🙂 

Not just the USB devices. I would disable all the devices that have the option for windows to turn off for power saving

• Like 1

Nah. You need to completely remove every single thing in your community folder and whatever was downloaded from the marketplace. I mean everything.

Even small addons can conflict with other ones.

More information: Does this happen on a different route? Temperature of hardware? Any issues with USB's turning off or on?

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

7 hours ago, Mejjo said:

Hey,

thank you for the reply. 
the only thing that has ever popped up in the event log is couatl64_MSFS.exe. However,  I chased this up with FSDT and they have told me it can’t crash the sim and the log is a result of something else causing the sim to crash. 

Yes that‘s correct what they said. Strange though that there‘s no log for MSFS.exe

I’m sure there’s a lot of good info here, but the first thing I’d do after a CTD would be to look it be Event Viewer for the Exception code. Are you aware how to do that? If you did it what was the code?

That may give you an idea about what is tripping MSFS up each time.

Run an error test in a Command window as Admin:  typing:  sfc/scannow

2 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

I’m sure there’s a lot of good info here, but the first thing I’d do after a CTD would be to look it be Event Viewer for the Exception code. Are you aware how to do that? If you did it what was the code?

That may give you an idea about what is tripping MSFS up each time.

Run an error test in a Command window as Admin:  typing:  sfc/scannow

Hey,

Looked in the log and i see this,

Fault bucket 1163604134295580532, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: couatl64_MSFS.exe
P2: 4.8.0.5105
P3: 639b573b
P4: couatl64_MSFS.exe
P5: 4.8.0.5105
P6: 639b573b
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000195ae9
P9:
P10:

Done some more testing / flying and this time sat at the computer constantly not to miss it.

So, The sim completely freezes, For around 30 seconds to a minute. It then just crashes, And i looked over and saw my case fans flash. Like i turned them off and on. I have no idea if that means anything or points in a certain direction but right now i'm at such a loss i'm picking up on everything.

1 minute ago, Mejjo said:

Done some more testing / flying and this time sat at the computer constantly not to miss it.

So, The sim completely freezes, For around 30 seconds to a minute. It then just crashes, And i looked over and saw my case fans flash. Like i turned them off and on. I have no idea if that means anything or points in a certain direction but right now i'm at such a loss i'm picking up on everything.

Start a log for system temps (Motherboard, cpu , gpu)
Is your memory overclocked ?
If so are you using 2 or 4 sticks (more issues with overclocking and 4 sticks then with 2)
Fresh driver install (use DDU)
Run a heavy benchmark and see if the system also freezes after the same time

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

14 hours ago, Mejjo said:

Thank you everyone for the replies so far,

First step for me will be removing Norton completely and sticking with windows defender. I will try the flight again and see if that makes a difference and then continue to troubleshoot.

I have checked all temps and done some stress testing and they all came back fine so at least that is one thing.

What brand of motherboard are you using? I have an Asus. If you do as well, install the AI Suite from their support page. After you install and run it, select EZ Update from the side menu, and let it check to be sure that you have all of the latest drivers for the components on the MB installed. You might want to check your BIOS version as well.

Every brand of MB has their own update software. My last MB was a Gigabyte, and it had a tool to do the same thing. I forgot what it was called.

Both of those MBs also have fan calibration and control sections as well. Make sure all of your fans are visible in there too.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, Mejjo said:

Hey,

Problem signature:
P9:
P10:

Are you running GSX Pro? or FSDT?

Edited by Pathfinder633

2 hours ago, Mejjo said:

Hey,

Problem signature:
P9:
P10:

When the sim died, GSX got blown up as well. GSX doesn't crash the sim when it dies, but the sim dying will crash GSX.

1 hour ago, Mejjo said:

"Like i turned them off and on" - Does this mean like when you turn the computer on/off, or do you have a fan controller that you are turning off? This sounds like a power supply problem. You've got a power hungry CPU, a power hungry GPU, and a lot of memory. You didn't mention how many drives you have installed. What size is your power supply? I'm hoping you say 'massive' 😉

Edit: I just found where you said 1200W. That should be fine. I'd go back to MB drivers/BIOS. It's a pain in the rear, but I've fixed many flakey systems over the past 37 years by clearing the CMOS memory. This usually requires a having a jumper (or shorting with a screwdriver) 2 pins on the MB while powering it on. You'll need to manually go through all of the settings. I'd just clear it, turn on XMP II and try it without changing anything else. All it takes is one bad setting... 

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

11 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

When the sim died, GSX got blown up as well. GSX doesn't crash the sim when it dies, but the sim dying will crash GSX.

"Like i turned them off and on" - Does this mean like when you turn the computer on/off, or do you have a fan controller that you are turning off? This sounds like a power supply problem. You've got a power hungry CPU, a power hungry GPU, and a lot of memory. You didn't mention how many drives you have installed. What size is your power supply? I'm hoping you say 'massive' 😉

Edit: I just found where you said 1200W. That should be fine. I'd go back to MB drivers/BIOS. It's a pain in the rear, but I've fixed many flakey systems over the past 37 years by clearing the CMOS memory. This usually requires a having a jumper (or shorting with a screwdriver) 2 pins on the MB while powering it on. You'll need to manually go through all of the settings. I'd just clear it, turn on XMP II and try it without changing anything else. All it takes is one bad setting... 

A pain in the rear is an understatement! haha. This computer is only 2 weeks old so trying to eliminate the possible issues of new parts too as i know things can go wrong.

I have a CMOS button on my motherboard at the back where the USB's plug in. Would that work or do i still need to short with a screwdriver? 🙂

Drives i have 1hdd, 1ssd, and 3 nvme ssd's.

6 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

I have a CMOS button on my motherboard at the back where the USB's plug in. Would that work or do i still need to short with a screwdriver? 🙂

Drives i have 1hdd, 1ssd, and 3 nvme ssd's.

Yes. That should do it. Only 2 weeks, eh? Growing pains. At least you're not too vested in how it is set up yet. Use that button, activate XMPII and try it to see what happens. Shorting with the screwdriver is old school. Double black diamond signs on it.

The 1200w should be okay with that number of drives.

And run the Windows Memory Diagnostics to make sure all is good there. I just had a failure in a 9 month old module.

Edited by MDFlier

4 minutes ago, Dazzlercee23 said:

Are you getting a Critical Kernel 41 error in event viewer? 

I haven't noticed one,

The only other errors i have spotted in event viewer are:

MSI Center\Mystic Light\LEDKeeper2.exe

and

\Corsair iCue 4 Software\QmlRenderer.exe.

4 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Yes. That should do it. Only 2 weeks, eh? Growing pains. At least you're not too vested in how it is set up yet. Use that button, activate XMPII and try it to see what happens.

The 1200w should be okay with that number of drives.

Oh absolutely, Reinstalling Windows was quite simple as i didn't have a lot installed. What is very weird is when i got the pc and installed everything i did not have a single ctd, The past few days is when its started, This is what makes me think driver related possibly. The only thing i have turned on in the nvidia control panel is vsync to stop my screen tearing using FG

Temps seems ok, Looking at coretemp core 4 peaked at 96c but has then stayed average of 72c. Would you say that is ok? I think id be more concerned if it stayed in the 90's.

I have a corsair H150i 360 aio cooler.