Sign in to follow this  
Guest unitedpilot36

This defies all logic

Guest unitedpilot36

Ok, so my dad got a new pc and he gave me his old MOBO, CPU, HSF, and RAM. He took his 7900GS to use in his new build so I just bought an EVGA 7600GS. The Rig is:Biostar Tforce 6100 Socket 754Athlon 64 30002 GB OCZ DDR-400 160 GB 7200.10 HDDEVGA 7600GS PCI-EIt used to be the same except with a 7900GS and different HDD.I played FSX on it when it had a 7900GS and had nothing but bad performance, blurries, and stutters no matter what. SP1 helped but I still has bad blurries, and bad performance. Well, I installed FSX and SP1 on it a few days ago and finally got around to playing it, since my 7600GS arrived today. I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!My performance is stunning and blurries are no where near as bad. I don't know how this happened but I'm nothing short of pleased. I have a fps lock at 22 and most of the time it stays there, even in Seattle as you can see in the shots below...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176861.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176862.jpgPS.. sorry about the qualityand look at this shot from Honoluluhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176863.jpgI just had to share my shock and disbelief with everybody. Btw, my handle on FSX multiplayer is chris62789, just in case ya ever catch me flying online. :DFSX is so amazing when it actually plays fluidly. :0

It's sometimes amazing what a fresh install of the OS and FSX will do :-) . Looks good.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

heh, great! Doug is right, amazin what fresh installs can do.A framelock of 22 is pretty good for a 3000+. Are you overclocking any? That might help give you that little extra punch.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest unitedpilot36

I'm not that knowledgable on OC'ing yet so I bumped it from 2.2 to 2.3 GHz. :( My 7600GS is running at 570/435 though, which has seemed to help.