Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

AAU1 Releases Today at 1600Z

54 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

MSFS now is the best Flightsimulator we ever had, nothing other can beat em, and he still gets better and better with every update..

cheers 😉

Yeah, it's the best civilian flight simulator by far.  It's not even close, IMO.  The scary thing is, it will keep improving and get even better!

Yeah it is good, but it can be much better if they got rid of the big trees and greenish roads and memorize the pop out screen positions.

• Upvote 1

So this is literally just an avionics upgrade, albeit comprehensive for a few select aircraft? Are there any other aircraft currently in the sim or any available payware which use the new G3000/5000 or the GNS430W/530W? Or is that all another month or six away?  

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 hour ago, nas123 said:

Yeah it is good, but it can be much better if they got rid of the big trees and greenish roads and memorize the pop out screen positions.

No fair man, I called dibs on complaining about stuff like trees and such that wasn't supposed to be in the update anyway.  You gotta wait your turn.

• Like 6

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

3 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

So this is literally just an avionics upgrade, albeit comprehensive for a few select aircraft? Are there any other aircraft currently in the sim or any available payware which use the new G3000/5000 or the GNS430W/530W? Or is that all another month or six away?  

In addition to extremely comprehensive upgrades to the mentioned avionics, this AAU1 also markedly improves the overall fidelity of the CJ4 and Longitude (and TBM to a lesser extent) in terms of flight model/dynamics, systems, etc. Always good to read the release notes fully https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aircraft-avionics-i-release-notes-1-30-12-0/572740

The Longitude in particular is high fidelity now IMHO, the operator's guide they wrote (see https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cessna-citation-model-700-longitude-operators-guide/562558 ) should give an idea of the depth/fidelity of the aircraft.

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

In addition to extremely comprehensive upgrades to the mentioned avionics, this AAU1 also markedly improves the overall fidelity of the CJ4 and Longitude (and TBM to a lesser extent) in terms of flight model/dynamics, systems, etc. Always good to read the release notes fully https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aircraft-avionics-i-release-notes-1-30-12-0/572740

The Longitude in particular is high fidelity now IMHO, the operator's guide they wrote (see https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cessna-citation-model-700-longitude-operators-guide/562558 ) should give an idea of the depth/fidelity of the aircraft.

Thanks, so just those three for now then? 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

4 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

For now, with two more AAU updates this year. 
Hopefully they will be looking at the B787 and something else like maybe the DA40 for GA fans.  They might let us know the plan on the twitch session today.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

For now, with two more AAU updates this year.  Hopefully looking at the B787 and something else like maybe the DA40 for GA fans.  They might let us know the plan on the twitch session today.

Thanks. My question was more with regards to other aircraft, default and payware and whether they will be able to borrow as it looks like these upgrades aren't the new default, rather only for those three aircraft? I know some of the other default aircraft now have upgraded 430/530 units but again, specific to those aircraft only? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, St Mawgan said:

No, you have to read the release notes 😉

These are covered too:

• C172 Classic
  • Cap 10
  • DA-40 TDI
  • DV-20
  • L-39 (Athena, Blue Ice, Pipsqueak, Robin 1, Sarance)
  • P-51D (Wee Willy, Lady B, Strega, Miss America)
  • T-6 (Almost Perfect, Baby Boomer)

This results in the slightly bizarre situation that GA avionics-wise the majority of MSFS default aircraft surpass the capabilities offered by basically any existing default or payware aircraft in any desktop flightsim. E.g. with all the money in the world you won't get a more realistic G3000 implementation on a desktop PC than the TBM has from the MSFS standard edition.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

These are covered too:

• C172 Classic
  • Cap 10
  • DA-40 TDI
  • DV-20

This results in the slightly bizarre situation that GA avionics-wise the majority of MSFS default aircraft surpass the capabilities offered by basically any existing default or payware aircraft in any desktop flightsim. E.g. with all the money in the world you won't get a more realistic G3000 implementation on a desktop PC than the TBM has from the MSFS standard edition.

And you have to read my second post. I know about those 😉

13 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

Thanks to the hard work of WT, Asobo, and Microsoft default airplanes have features that some addon "boutique" developers are struggling to implement.

Now, for the first time, if someone asks: I want a couple of "study level" aircraft, you only need to point them to the Premium Deluxe Edition for aircraft and flightsim.to for freeware content.

IOW, MSFS is the only flight simulator you can pretty much enjoy "right out of the box".

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

These are covered too:

• C172 Classic
  • Cap 10
  • DA-40 TDI
  • DV-20

Hi, is this true? Perhaps other people can confirm this? That there isn't a payware G3000 for home use, that is more realistic and more high fidelity than the G3000 in MSFS now?  And the same applies for the G5000?

In other words, MSFS has the most advanced G3000 and most advanced G5000, period, even when compared to payware alternatives?

40 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Thanks. My question was more with regards to other aircraft, default and payware and whether they will be able to borrow as it looks like these upgrades aren't the new default, rather only for those three aircraft? I know some of the other default aircraft now have upgraded 430/530 units but again, specific to those aircraft only? 

It has been stated that any improvements to the core sim can be utilised in third party products.  Whether payware or freeware.  For instance, the new G1000NXi by WT is already used in some third party aircraft, as it simply replaced the default older G1000 unit. 

So, it has already been talked about that the new WT G3000 unit upgrades will be used in things like the H-Jet, but it will need some customisation by the third party developer for that particular aircraft.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

@Ricardo41 I was thinking along the same lines. As the default aircraft begin to move ahead of the majority of payware aircraft fidelity/quality (a total reversal of the norm in flight simulation with a few exceptions) what are developers to offer in the future to justify the price tag other than an aircraft model that is new to the platform. Who could have imagined!

• Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K