Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stryker412

What aircraft will take me into Space in FSX?

HiI want to take off and fly up into space....is there a freeware aircraft out there that will allow me to do this?I want to be a spaceman! RegardsPaul EGCC: :-ufo2

Regards

Paul EGCC

Captain Sim has the Shuttle Orbiter, but it's payware!Edit: I think I saw a flock of Battlestar Galactica spacecraft in the library a while back, and maybe some Star Wars!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Any jet aircraft! Edit the aircraft.cfg and increase the value of:thrust_scalarUntil you have enough power to get into space...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I want to be a spaceman! FS is not a space sim.i suggest you try ORBITER -http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.htmlthe software is freeware.be warned: not for the person unwilling to 'learn and read' as the designer made the simulation very real to life. focus is on the physics of spaceflight (the graphics are not 1/2 bad ... around FS8 quality-ish).--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

I bought Space Shuttle from Captain Sim quite a few months ago; it was designed specifically for FSX, but I believe it can also be used with FS2004 to a more limited fashion. There are many systems modelled and the interior VC views are absolultely awsome. Its use however is limited. For instance, you can't take off from a launch pad. You can only do a de-orbit burn, if I remember correctly, and two other landing stages which end up (hopfully) in a survivable landing. However, the first stage of the deorbit burn requires a degree of "cheating," as it must be done in slew mode. My guess is that FSX must not support space flight mechanics, so it's probably not something that Captain Sim has any control over. I suspect that someone might have a lot of fun trying to master the other two stages of flight; however, for me, when I learned that you couldn't do true maneuvering outside the atmosphere I lost interest. For someone who wants this, ORBIT is probably the best answer, although I haven't tried it, but from reading on the ORBIT website it looks pretty impressive - and it's free, unlike Space Shuttle from Captain Sim.Tom Murphy

Guest Stryker412

What's the best freeware SR-71?