Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

New to FSX, miss the Cheyenne, what should I get?

I made the leap from FS9 to FSX, and am happy with the performance. One of the few things I'm not happy with is that I've lost my FSD Cheyenne payware. That aircraft was a tonne of fun to fly in FS9, especially when paired with FSE 'missions.' From the research I've done so far, I get the feeling (rightly or wrongly) that add-ons for FSX are...not-so-much. I guess it's hard to explain what my perception is, but nobody seems to be raving about any of them. What I like to do are roughly 1 hour flights. The Cheyenne allowed me to cover a *lot* of ground while still playing in the FSE universe. What add-ons that fit that mold are you excited about?

>I made the leap from FS9 to FSX, and am happy with the>performance. One of the few things I'm not happy with is that>I've lost my FSD Cheyenne payware. That aircraft was a tonne>of fun to fly in FS9, especially when paired with FSE>'missions.' >>From the research I've done so far, I get the feeling (rightly>or wrongly) that add-ons for FSX are...not-so-much. I guess>it's hard to explain what my perception is, but nobody seems>to be raving about any of them. >>What I like to do are roughly 1 hour flights. The Cheyenne>allowed me to cover a *lot* of ground while still playing in>the FSE universe. What add-ons that fit that mold are you>excited about?Doesn't FSD have an FSX version of the Cheyenne?I have their Navajo and Saratoga II and they are both fun to fly.

Yes.I have the FSD Cheyenne, Porter Pilatus, and Navajo. Mine are all the oldest versions and they fly fine. Seems like if I remember correctly I replaced a gauge or two in the Navajo (could have been one of the others) but that was all that was necessary. They fly beautifully in FSX as well as FS9.Good luck:RTH

For turbo props that have fsx versions.....Conquest 441ATR72 Both work pretty good.Dave

Hrmm, last time I looked at the FSD site the Cheyenne page said FS9 only. I'm pretty sure I searched their forums and there was a "we'll get to it" post. I liked the combination of pressurized cabin and high cruise speed. IIRC, the Navajo has the same cruise speed, but no cabin pressure. Everything's a tradeoff, I guess.

You know, I've never even looked at the ATR72. Just looking at the Flight1 web site now, it looks impressive. I'm going to see if I can find some reviews. Thank you for the suggestion.

The RealAir SF260 Marchetti is nice - and fast !www.realairsimulations.comAnd if you would rather have a twin, the Flight1 Cessna 441 is very classy and lovely to fly.www.flight1.com

Bert

I know what it says, but unless I am mistaken (which is always very possible), that was written when FS9 was the latest thing available and FSX did not exist. This is true of many other FS9 birds that fly fine in FSX (i.e. All PSS offereings too as far as I can find).I don't even have the latest version of the Pilatus of Navajo either for FS9, just the originals (With whatever updates were available for those versions).All three, including the Cheyenne fly beautifully in FSX. I am sure a purest can probably find something that doesn't work or is not as pretty, but I sure haven't noticed anything yet and doubt that there is anything of significance. I do primarily fly with 2D Panels, although unless I am mistaken everything kicked in with the 3d as well.Good luck:RTH