Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

February Dev Stream Starting Now

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

They want to release it on the anniversary of the original's destruction. $19.99 100% of sales goes to Antonov.

What a great initiative! I am usually not interested in the heavier stuff, but this one is just so different and given the circumstances, this one will be a popular classic for a long, long time.

• Like 3

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

It uses WASM, so it won't release on X-Box on the same day as PC, as WASM support isn't hitting X-Box until WU12.

did he mention the ATR?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

2 minutes ago, pilotter said:

did he mention the ATR?

Currently aiming for April.

It was going to come out in March, but final approval from Antonov for the AN-2 came in, so it got the ATR's release slot.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

April.

kak, ( Dutch for that's a pitty )

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

My initial notes, with video timestamps from the published stream...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1725146227?t=00h09m31s

• WU New Zealand details

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1725146227?t=00h23m39s

• Canada WU issues were taken to heart
  • CN tower etc fixed, Calgary POIs and other fixes, others being worked on
  • big effort going on now for bridges across all the WUs, all bridges needing fixing identified
  • working on a new London update but not sure when it'll release

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1725146227?t=00h28m53s

• airports missing taxiway signs, etc
  • Martial: we need more data for airports, "world hub" tool will be introduced, for community airport data/enhancements & edits
    • tool is in testing, will be initially shared with 50-ish people, then public beta + release
  • other airport issues/topics
  • missing aiports, i.e. istanbul, etc ... will be looked into

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1725146227?t=00h36m48s

• sim update 12
  • targeted for march 14th, might release later
  • stability is a key objective
  • fixes to 40th anniv and previous WUs content (massive effort in fixing/polishing things)
  • WASM support for XBox
  • helicopter improvements
    • lots of feedback/requests received from community
    • flight model improvements
    • turbines can now have governor
    • support for engine trim
    • constants exposed in flight model configs rather than being hardcoded so devs/users can tweak
  • aircraft max # of engines being increased from 4 to 16
    • new propeller sim and surface areas for all prop blades mean memory optimizations needed if supporting 16 engines
  • glider improvements (no details)
  • thermals/turbulence  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1725146227?t=00h40m52s
    • again tonnes of useful community feedback/requests received since the visualization feature was released, which allowed users to glean more about how it works currently in MSFS
      • Asobo picked about 20 different subjects from these, 10 improvements are coming in SU12
    • thermals are generated when hot air goes up, when air goes high enough if it's humid there's condensation
    • now when there are clouds thermals don't go higher
    • thermals caused by heat but which don't go high enough don't cause clouds any more
    • thermals are better aligned with clouds
    • also improvements where when it's raining thermals are different
    • total energy is better in terms of updrafts & downdrafts there's as just much air going as air going down
    • no more limits for vertical-wind/thermals speed (currently limit is 2000 ft/min), now speeds as high as 9000 ft/min observed
    • globally integrating all these thermals realism improvements now means more turbulence
    • so now there's a setting for turbulence in assistance settings (low/none, medium, realistic)
    • winds/thermals/etc all there, this setting just controls turbulence resulting from all that

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1725146227?t=01h01m02s

• AN-225 by iniBuilds
  • $19.99, all proceeds going to Atonov

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 23
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Since 1.25.7 Drone Collision Mesh active with Collision Material - MSFS DevSupport (flightsimulator.com) still affects exploration of many of the handcrafted airports in WUs with the drone camera.

Still no word from MS/Asobo when this will be fixed, thought they'd fix this as part of fixes to 40th anniv and previous WUs content in SU12-would ruin use of the drone camera with NZA's NZRO in the upcoming WU12 for me, as currently  the interior of NZA's NZRO on flightsim.to can be explored fine with the drone camera. 

Excited about the AN-225!

Edited by amsfsx02501

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

30 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

No mention of working on the broken AI traffic system? ATC? 

A bit of work on AI.  I heard something about the way the arrivals work is being looked at.  I think WT might take a look at the ATC after the AAU's - this is a vicious rumour started by me, but they would knock it out of the ground.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I thought they were looking for a programmer for ATC, this might be a while.

• Like 3

Curious what's meant by "support for engine trim" for helos.

Do they mean the Rotor RPM trim control you might find on the collective ?

Edited by Matchstick

Im wondering why they are fixing the legacy flightmodel? Is anybody using it anyway?

Nothing mentioned about tweaks to the modern flightmodel or ground handling. Thats very frustrating.

And nothing on the LOD problems we had since SU5. Ai aircraft with missing landingear, objects pop out in close proximity and so on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Nothing mentioned about tweaks to the modern flightmodel or ground handling. Thats very frustrating.

Modern flight model wise its mostly helis and gliders being updated in SU12 looks like... other than that the just-released AAU1 obviously has done a lot to enhance the flight models of the CJ4 & Citation. Hopefully future AAUs will start to enhance other default aircraft.

Ground handling wise, SU11 already released the first set of improvements in the core aerodynamics framework which requires aircrafts devs to take advantage of it.. see https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Content_Configuration/SimObjects/Aircraft_SimO/flight_model_cfg.htm?rhhlterm=ground_high_speed_steeringwheel_static_friction_scalar (the four new parameters ground_crosswind_effect_max_speed, ground_crosswind_effect_zero_speed, ground_high_speed_steeringwheel_static_friction_scalar, ground_high_speed_otherwheel_static_friction_scalar). 

In the default fleet, the C172 and the newly updated CJ4, Citation Longitude, TBM all implement it (and maybe more). In terms of 3rd party aircraft the Fenix was one of the very first to start taking advantage of above to improve ground handling, the PMDG 73x latest update finally are now are also implementing them, and probably more out there.

What particular aircraft are you still having ground handling issues with? (they might not be using above features yet). In terms of future improvements for ground handling above & beyond what was released in SU11, yes they did not mention anything about it in this Q&A. That does not obviously mean it's not being worked on or that it'll never come.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

What particular aircraft are you still having ground handling issues with?  In terms of future improvements for ground handling on top of above, yes they've not mentioned anything about that yet.

I dont think WT did anything to the flightmodels on the aircrafts except the cj4.

All aircrafts have problem with inertia. To slippery. 

And groundhandling is to static on most aircrafts. In my opinion.