Sign in to follow this  
Mace

heavy AIs taking too long

Guest delsimflyer

I was panning next to the runway threshold and what I found was, once cleared for takeoff, large ai planes tend to taxi a long distance over the runway threshold beforing halting and starting the takeoff run. They consume 20-30sec in this and create problems for the ones coming to land. How do I fix this?

Guest delsimflyer

ok, but is there some fix for the wild throttling of ai planes when they are on final, and for the vanishing of holding AIs after a few minutes?I am using the SP1.

>ok, but is there some fix for the wild throttling of ai>planes when they are on final,That is model-specific. I have seen some models do that, but others are smooth on final.>and for the vanishing of>holding AIs after a few minutes?>I am using the SP1.AI's cannot enter holding patterns in FS.I think by "hold" you mean a halt while on taxi or something like that. In that case yes they can vanish if they don't move for a while. This is hard-coded into FS. This is not a bug. It is by design.I have observed AI vanishing under one or more of the following conditions:1) AI will vanish if they don't move for x amount of time (not sure how long x is but it's about 5 minutes as you mention).2) AI will vanish on transition from "landing" mode to "taxi in" mode *if* there is no parking for that particular aircraft at that airport.3) AI may possibly (haven't fully tested myself) vanish when an airport is specified in the flight plan, and yet that airport either doesn't exist in the sim, or is not AI-capable (i.e. it has no xml defined).RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4) AI will vanish on their third misses approach - and be materialized at the gate/parking, or in the air if their next departure time has passed.The time is 5 min - it was a change from 15 min in FS2002 due to many user requests. There is a utility somewhere - I don't know where - which supposedly can adjust the change by replacing the defautl .dll with an edited one, or make a change to the .dll.I won't use modified .dll's on my systems, not make changes to the default ones.

Guest delsimflyer

you mean, a utility for SP1?

SP1 is not a program that you design a Utility for. SP1 is a Service Pack update for FSX which address issues that the ACES group felt needed based on User's request.Some of the core coding that controls Aircraft behavior is embedded inside MS .dll files. There have been Utilities designed in the past that access these dll files and change the coding. Taxispeed and Timeout is one of those .dll type code changes.Some of us are of the strong opinion that files owned by Microsoft should not be tampered with. Even if a Utility was designed to change the dll coding it probably would not work for very long. In the future, each time FSX is updated (unlike FS9) the .dll's are also replaced. If I hex change the aircraft taxispeed in the proper .dll then the next update to FSX will overwite my .dll (if it can without removing it first). Also the part of the dll I hex may not be identical to the new .dll and I loose/corrupt the changes.In most cases MS gives us the ability to blockout certain parts of their files and add what we want with our updated file. Files such as a .dll are not one of those we should try and change.If we now disagree with the timeout and taxispeeds we should notify FSX and request a change in the next update. They have only done (timeouts) what a lot of people wanted changing in the past.Pertaining to what you see happening on approach. If you suspect a problem with a certain type plane then go back and test the approach with a default FSX type plane. That becomes your base standard. Contrary to popular belief, no 3rd party AI type model plane is perfect. One AI Model set of Flight Dynamics may cause a AI Plane to fly differently then another same type AI plane by someone else.

>you mean, a utility for SP1?He is referring to a utility for FS2004 that would allow you to modify the time an AI could be stuck from 5 mins to whatever. It was a dll hack.I personally never used it as I am like Reggie, I will NOT use anything that mods .exe's or .dll's in my FS, for a number of reasons that are beyond the scope of this discussion.I do not know if that utility can be used with FSX.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB