Sign in to follow this  
skytation

Use AAO to map PTT Button from Two Yokes

Hi there, I'm working on linking my two headsets (pilot/copilot) in my sim cockpit together, and I was curious if I could use AAO for one small step. Forgive my dumbness in regards to AAO, I'm still pretty new to this. 

I currently have AAO for stream deck purposes, and I would like to use it to accomplish this task without having to purchase another program (such as FSUIPC). I will link the YouTube video below that I am using as a guide, and everything is working pretty well, it's just the part at the 7:45 time stamp where he uses FSUIPC to code two different buttons (one from each joystick) to "scroll lock", and then assigns scroll lock as the PTT button in vPilot so each pilot can transmit to VATSIM ATC using their own joystick.

I was just simply wondering if I can use AAO to code a button from each one of my yokes to scroll lock (or whatever button) and accomplish the same thing.  Any help is greatly appreciated....thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, skytation said:

I was just simply wondering if I can use AAO to code a button from each one of my yokes to scroll lock (or whatever button) and accomplish the same thing.

Yes. Either use the "Virtual Event" input box directly on the button assignment dialog, or use a script with separate VKD/VKU events (virtual key down, virtual key up). Script in general works better, because you can add SPLIT: or WAIT: commands to slow things down if the target app cannot process keyboard events when they are fired too quickly (for example MSFS struggles with that and needs (SPLIT:100) between VKD and VKU). The RPN editor has a helper dialog to enter the proper code for VKD/VKU ("Insert VKey" button). You have to use that dialog because the script logic works with the actual scancodes that your own keyboard sends. Those are potentially not the same for everybody.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI