Sign in to follow this  
KL Oo

Options to select which AI Models

Hi Nico,

Here's my second crazy idea for the week (after the time shift one with Balthasar). 

Given we now have a third option of AI traffic models & liveries (AI Traffic + AIG + FSLTL) would you consider giving users the option to select which models they would like used for traffic depiction? I know it would be a fair bit of work to the UI, but I would imagine that you could scan the models/liveries like you currently do and make a default selection based, as you currently do, on registration codes. If you produced a list of those models/options users could then cut paste or select another model if they didn't like the AIG model selection. So for example, PSXT scans the models and produces a list of AI traffic it wants to use based on registration codes. I can then look at that list and say, oh, I don't actually want the AIG 763_300_UNITED_NEW livery, I want to use FSLTL_763_UNITED_OLD livery, and change what PSXT chooses to display.

I realise there's a bit of work in the UI and coding etc, but given your program is already detecting the liveries I would imagine you could have a a list of selected liveries to show as opposed to one thats automaticaly generated and forced on the user by PSXT.

Anyway, just an idea.

Edited by KL Oo

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

7 hours ago, KL Oo said:

but I would imagine that you could scan the models/liveries like you currently do and make a default selection based, as you currently do, on registration codes. I

That's not what is happening.  If you set 3 lfolderx parameters to the 3 ai traffic packages, it depends on the prioritize checkbox what happens.

• If prioritize is off, you will get all liveries in liveries\AI_liveries.xml.
  • If prioritize ison, an airline + type livery that was already found in a higher folder is skipped, and you will see less liveries in liveries\AI_liveries.xml.

So this whole process has nothing to do with registration codes. Note that if you scan for liveries automatic, prioritizing is not possible.

7 hours ago, KL Oo said:

I can then look at that list and say, oh, I don't actually want the AIG 763_300_UNITED_NEW livery, I want to use FSLTL_763_UNITED_OLD livery, and change what PSXT chooses to display.

You can already do that by removing lines from the liveries\AI_liveries.xml produced with prioritize off and 3 lfolderx parameters....   If you do that make sure you keep a copy.

Edited by kiek