Sign in to follow this  
Guest geezee

Stutter and blurries in the USA

Guest geezee

Hi,First time on this forum and happy to find some help !I installed FSX and SP1. About 20FPS in europe without stutterand blurries but in the USA it's another matter ! I get around 10 in Bremerton (WA) which is a simple scenery and the same in Miami.After flying for 1 minutes and at 1000 feet the whole scenery gets blurred with a 6FPS.Why is there such a difference between the 2 continents andhow to improve that unflyable situation ?Many thanks for your support.GeezeeGeneva, SwitzerlandReal life pilot

Hi Geezee,Welcome to USA scenery! There are numerous tweaks and tricks in this forum to squeeze the most out of FSX with your hardware. ACES made the big cities unflyable for most by stuffing avogadro's number of high res graphics into them. The apparent goal was a high level of eye candy (which they achieved) without regard for being able to actually use it.:) Bob...

Guest geezee

Thanks Bob !Bremerton WA is however not a big city but a standard airport in the middle of nowhere ! I guess I'm too tired to spend hours with those tweaks instead of flying. This game has become a computer addicts affair !Many thanks anywayGeezee

it is close to Seattle though, and if your AI traffic is set anywhere above 1% you'll need a beefy CPU to compute all the data hehe, plus all the 3d objects, autogen/buildings, ships/ferries and the general ground traffic which FSX is probably trying to load while flying there... Just because you cannot see KSEA doesn't mean it's not loading

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest geezee

I understand, smart answer, thanks.