Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

PMDG News - 737-900 Release Date etc

PMDG have posted a new update:

Captains-

PMDG 737-900 Release Date:
I've mentioned a few times that we would give you a bit of advance warning once we have a plan for the release date on the PMDG 737-900 for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

We have just given what we hope will be the final beta for the PMDG 737-900 to our testing team, and unless something really horrific is discovered, we are planning to release her sometime after 1800Z/07FEB23. This buildout took quite a bit longer than planned, but we are really happy with how she has turned out. Pricing is expected to land between the 600 and the 700/800, with final pricing being announced at release time.

This package includes both the 737-900 and 737-900ER with blended winglets and split scimitar winglets.

PMDG 737-600/700/800 Updates:
Concurrent with the release of the 737-900, we will be releasing update for the 737-600/700/800 series airplanes in order to keep all four fleet types in sync. This update series is largely focused on smoothing out some annoyances, bug fixes throughout the airplane and continued improvements in airplane handling. (eliminating notchiness with nearly-centered ground steering, for example!)

PMDG Universal Flight Tablet:
A quick recap on progress here: As mentioned previously, the major challenge in the tablet arena is that C++/WASM airplanes are unable to use normal windows communication methods that are necessary for the tablet to function as part of the airplane. We have worked around this by creating a tablet outside the airplane using much simpler script based language that is allowed to talk to the outside world, but we have had significant engineering challenges getting the tablet and the airplane to be able to speak to one another across the full spectrum of data that needs to pass back and forth between the two. While we have had navigraph/charting data functional for many months, we have finally reached the stage of beginning to test the new communication medium that had to be designed from the ground up in order to facilitate the table speaking with the airplane for operational performance computations- and thus far testing is progressing- but very slowly due to inadequate debugging tools available for such tasks.

We do not have a release date plan for the tablet- and we are taking our time to ensure that these new methods provide a stable, reliable communication process so that once you have the tablet it appears to operate seamlessly and without effort.

Modernized Navdata Implementation:
One of the many slow-rate upgrade processes we have had working in the background is a long-promised upgrade to our navdata format. This is progressing and will roll into the 737 once we feel it is stable and ready for operation. This will unlock greater accuracy in RNP procedures and further improve the stability of lateral navigation. As is usual, we are not sharing ETA information, but this will roll out when ready as part of a free update, similarly to how we bring in all the other feature updates and upgrades that come into the airplane.

PMDG 777:
Work continues apace... We are not currently planning to show anything here until well after the 900 is on the market- but that day is creeping closer.
That is all for this week, folks- thank you again for all of your support and friendship. We are happy to have you here and look forward to bringing you our 737-900 next week!

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 5

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Script based language lol, really goes to show huh?

anyway, happy to see that the 900 is finally here for those that want it. 777 is a happy welcome but most importantly to me is an LNAV that can fully be tested to the really thing, that’ll be exciting making approaches into New Zealand.

Will see if the 737-900 release holds to that date. Back on Jan 26 they said they had completed beta testing and cleaning up a few details for impending release. This is the same plane that was original due out in Oct/Nov. I’ll believe it when it happens.

I’ll be glad once it’s release so the 777 will be there main focus. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Finally the 900, I would just guess price will be 49.99

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

YAWN is my first reaction. All the best to PMDG. I’m sure they are making more money than they ever dreamed of and they have earned it. 

I think I’ll just share some of my money set aside for the 900 with some other “more hungry” developers. I know of a few. The ongoing wait and drama over the EFB that PMDG is challenged building because “hard”, but every other tubeliner for MSFS HAS an EFB, well…makes me scratch my head and say time to take a Boeing break.

All the best,

-B

• Like 9
  • Upvote 5

Good to see the 900 creep closer. Not because I wanted yet another 737. I own and like the 737-7 but did neither buy the 600 nor 800 or let alone will the 900. only good thing about the 900 is that it brings us (me) closer to the 777. and the EFB…

Edited by DAD
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

That's a bit boring, for the next 3 years it will be 777, 747, 737 max and maybe JS-41, just after that why not a V2 of all the plane above.

That's why I love Inibuilds, the AN-225 was completely unexpected from them and when you read their discord there are some more surprises waiting for us other than the planned A300 and A380

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bendead said:

That's a bit boring, for the next 3 years it will be 777, 747, 737 max and maybe JS-41, just after that why not a V2 of all the plane above.

That's why I love Inibuilds, the AN-225 was completely unexpected from them and when you read their discord there are some more surprises waiting for us other than the planned A300 and A380

I get you want different types of planes from PMDG but it does make business sense for them to bring out the current aircraft they already had out for P3D over to MSFS as without them doing that there wouldn't be a decent 737/777/747 in MSFS.

I expect there will probably be some surprises on the way and it will take some time to get their current range out but it's not all bad. 

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

10 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

but it does make business sense for them to bring out the current aircraft they already had out for P3D over to MSFS as without them doing that there wouldn't be a decent 737/777/747 in MSFS.

I completely agree with that, it's just less fun.

We will probably see some surprises, but I don't really expect them before the complete old line-up is release.

What could be great, since they talk about how successful their business is with MSFS is maybe expend the team or create a sister dev studio about older plane.

I anticipate the 900 selling less copies than the MD-11 did. Not that I know the sales PMDG made on the latter but still. I really wish they didn't do the 900 and just went all out on the 777!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

I anticipate the 900 selling less copies than the MD-11 did. Not that I know the sales PMDG made on the latter but still. I really wish they didn't do the 900 and just went all out on the 777!

How can you compare the sales of a FSX product with a 2020 product?  The sim and audience are totally different. The 900 audience is a lot larger then the MD-11 for FSX.  As someone else stated, the MD-11 is a niche product flown by a selective few. As far as the 777 goes, we can wish all we want but it has been know for over a year that the 777 was coming after the 737 family was complete. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

16 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

How can you compare the sales of a FSX product with a 2020 product?  The sim and audience are totally different. The 900 audience is a lot larger then the MD-11 for FSX.  As someone else stated, the MD-11 is a niche product flown by a selective few. As far as the 777 goes, we can wish all we want but it has been know for over a year that the 777 was coming after the 737 family was complete. 

You're quite right! I just thought not many people would care for the 900, I wasn't comparing I was just using the MD-11 as a reference point or an example.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zangoose said:

Pricing is expected to land between the 600 and the 700/800, with final pricing being announced at release time.

So, around $50 then?

I skipped the -800 as it's close enough to the -700, but I am looking forward to the -900.  An ER in the sim will be welcome.  The most interesting thing to me in this update though is the navdata mention.  I really hope this means they're getting closer to rolling it out; ready to code up some custom RNPs!

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

so they'll release all the variants and still no EFB. Disappointing to say the least. It can't be a rocket science. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |