Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

PMDG News - 737-900 Release Date etc

18 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Yawn to you - if you bother to read WHY the EFB is taking longer compared to other aircraft you would understand.

their explanation of why it's taking longer makes no sense, PMDG is simply incapable of doing the things they say they want to do because they don't know how to do it. Why do you think they have 125 versions of the same plane with a different exterior model? PMDG is a grift outfit, not fit for purpose and their staff (such as they are) are petulant, rude and aggressive. I remember the days these clowns would try and charge you if you downloaded the addons you had paid for too many times. They will launch that EFB one day and my money is on one or all of the following; it simply won't work as advertised, will be unusable because of the way it is implemented, offers nothing of any use, they will claim the development was simply more than they were expecting and will charge people a monthly fee to have it. Stick with the 737 you have and just pretend you have the 900, it's all pretend anyways so what's one more fantasy huh?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

17 hours ago, alepro21 said:

Still no EFB. Not planning on giving PMDG any more business until they delivered the scope they promised. 

More generally speaking: they need a decent project manager who understands how to deliver software in a more timely manner.

It's been a couple of years since PMDG promised some in depth tutorials on the DC6. My guess is that will never happen. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It's been a couple of years since PMDG promised some in depth tutorials on the DC6. My guess is that will never happen. 

All about the money, first prising god with the products and after much sales nothing gets realy sorted about fast updates ect, ect for those produkts..

I somehow be realy borked with the PMDG politics writing a lot words in articles with a lot bla,bla, and nothing really important happens, for example in terms of updates..

I'l bet it will be more than half a year before we get the EFB, if at all.

Dont understand me wrong, they doeing good stuff but there promis and afterwork ( updates and things like that) is just inadequate !

cheers 🤨

Edited by pmplayer
  • Upvote 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Bring on the 777 and 747 please!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 hours ago, CombatCustard said:

PMDG is simply incapable of doing the things they say they want to do because they don't know how to do it.

The latest DC-6 patch is really showing that or a lack of good testing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, btacon said:

Perhaps the real question to ask is why PMDG has chosen such a path of great difficulty when others have delivered a similar outcome without such pain. And please don’t suggest “Features and Functions” because those remain a hidden secret. 

Pretty simple. They have a code base for their aircraft in one coding language and it makes zero sense to rewrite all of that in a different language for all four (five) aircraft just because there is no way for an EFB in that language to communicate with external processes. Hence the need to work around that with the EFB which is a miniscule task compared to rewriting all the aircraft.

And you can be sure that if they had went that way, all the people now complaining non-stop about the EFB delay would be complaining non-stop about how they have to wait for them to rewrite their aircraft and how they should just have delayed the EFB instead of the aircraft.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

30 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

Pretty simple. They have a code base for their aircraft in one coding language and it makes zero sense to rewrite all of that in a different language for all four (five) aircraft just because there is no way for an EFB in that language to communicate with external processes. Hence the need to work around that with the EFB which is a miniscule task compared to rewriting all the aircraft.

And you can be sure that if they had went that way, all the people now complaining non-stop about the EFB delay would be complaining non-stop about how they have to wait for them to rewrite their aircraft and how they should just have delayed the EFB instead of the aircraft.

MSFS is supports multi-language modules and none of them are mutually exclusive. I’m not sure how you jumped to PMDG needing to rewrite their entire aircraft in another system.

Despite all these threads it’s astounding that some manage to continue to miss the point and contort themselves to construe an excuse against what’s present.

So what exactly is the point? I do not believe for one second that PMDG are just being lazy, so my guess is that they are wanting to do things that have not entered the minds of the Armchair Expert Club members. Either that, or they just want to do things a certain way, which is a perfectly valid option.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

So what exactly is the point?

for reference I could care less about the EFB. The point is PMDG is giving across a message that there exists certain problems for developing in MSFS and they’re the first to go through these issues and also the first to resolve them. This is is untrue and sets up a poor interpretation about developing for msfs, and while Rob pleads with people not put the blame on Asobo, it tends to end up that way.

it’s perfectly valid for PMDG to choose the route that they did, but they’re not the first and the problems they faced aren’t new. My concern is the perception that this gives off to the community. I mean calling JavaScript a “script-based language” really shows Ron’s perception about JS is and it’s capability.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

MSFS is supports multi-language modules and none of them are mutually exclusive. I’m not sure how you jumped to PMDG needing to rewrite their entire aircraft in another system.

Despite all these threads it’s astounding that some manage to continue to miss the point and contort themselves to construe an excuse against what’s present.

How does any of that negate what I wrote? If the code the aircraft are written in can't communicate with the outside, they'll have to do the EFB in a different language and find a way for the two to pass data back and forth. That challenge wouldn't exist if aircraft and EFB were in the same language that can communicate with the outside, but that would only be the case if they rewrote their aircraft because C++/WASM is restricted from doing so. Feel free to correct me.

Also, consider for a moment that not everybody is a software dev and there's a ton of people, including actual devs, saying all kinds of different things. Don't antagonize someone saying something slightly in favor of PMDG as "contorting themselves to construe an excuse" as if it's common knowledge that a piece of software apparently supports multi language modules.

• Like 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

50 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

So what exactly is the point? I do not believe for one second that PMDG are just being lazy, so my guess is that they are wanting to do things that have not entered the minds of the Armchair Expert Club members. Either that, or they just want to do things a certain way, which is a perfectly valid option.

My opinion is based on their past experience with their products starting 1997 (26 years ago).
While this is a business it can be noticed that all products suffer more or less from the same unfinished/unattended bugs brought to each of their releases. It appears that priority one is money and then certain accuracy.
No, if you don't see the problems and don't understand how certain systems are supposed to work that's another story, but to be sarcastic and take a cheap shot against people that have a clear knowledge and to call them "Armchair Expert Club members" it's not really nice.
I would like really to see first what actually they will do in regard to  This update series is largely focused on smoothing out some annoyances, bug fixes throughout the airplane and continued improvements in airplane handling. (eliminating notchiness with nearly-centered ground steering, for example!)    . 
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

2 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

MSFS supports multi-language modules and none of them are mutually exclusive.

That's right.  But the method used for the existing 737s is mutually exclusive from the scipted approach needed for the EFB.   Or at least that's the very basis of the message they've been telling us.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

When PMDG first announced their "early access" style release people blasted it saying they would never update it, wouldn't meet the schedule, were frauds etc. etc. etc.  Same time Fenix released a A320 CFM promising IAE and Sharklets to come, included in the price.

Since then PMDG has released ~10 updates, LNAV enhancement.  released the favored -800, a dang cheap -600 and soon to come -900.  FENIX has released 2 updates, no IAE or Sharklets and honestly no ETA for when they will ever appear, let alone finishing the series with A319 and A321.

Yet PMDG seems to still be getting all the flack here still.  Go back and read some of those threads from a year ago.... The only thing they haven't met up to expectations with is the EFB.  Would I like an EFB? Sure, mainly for performance calcs and simbreif profiles.  But otherwise its just a nice to have.  When are we going to shift the hate on the Fenix for not providing what was promised?

NOTE: I am a completely happy simmer with both products, each are great in their own way and I fly both equally.  Just seems like the feedback and complaining is not in line with the actual output.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Nick Running

5 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

My concern is the perception that this gives off to the community. I mean calling JavaScript a “script-based language” really shows Ron’s perception about JS is and it’s capability.

I admit my practical understanding  of programing is limited but I have read up on a lot of different languages and your comments along these lines have triggered me both times. This is not the first time you have said this about RSR so just to counter that view: 

" As its name implies, JavaScript is a scripting language. Traditional languages such as C++ are compiled before they’re run into executable binary form, with the compiler checking for any errors in the entire program before the process is complete. Scripting languages, by contrast, are executed one line at a time by an interpreter."  (InfoWorld). 

We also know the JS is a core language and is without doubt important to any Web development , and therefore important to the EFB development.

"JavaScript is the dominant client-side scripting language of the Web, with 98% of all websites (mid–2022) using it for this purpose." (Wiki)

It maybe that your criticism is not that RSR is pointing out JS is a scripting language but rather that he may appear to be belittling the power of JS? You may need to amplify what you mean because as it stands you are suggesting JS is not a scripting language.  If it isn't, then please tell us what it is since Wiki will have to be rewritten!!

Cheers

Terry  

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Upvote 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

5 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

I admit my practical understanding  of programing is limited but I have read up on a lot of different languages and your comments along these lines have triggered me both times. This is not the first time you have said this about RSR so just to counter that view: 

" As its name implies, JavaScript is a scripting language. Traditional languages such as C++ are compiled before they’re run into executable binary form, with the compiler checking for any errors in the entire program before the process is complete. Scripting languages, by contrast, are executed one line at a time by an interpreter."  (InfoWorld). 

Groovy can be considered a scripting language and is compiled. You can’t just define a scripting language by it either being interpreted or compiled. Early days JS just manipulated the DOM in a browser but nowadays, JS can be used to _build_ various applications not just constrained to browsers for a multitude of purposes. 

We also know the JS is a core language and is without doubt important to any Web development , and therefore important to the EFB development.

"JavaScript is the dominant client-side scripting language of the Web, with 98% of all websites (mid–2022) using it for this purpose." (Wiki)

weird cause Wiki says it’s a general purpose programming language. 

It maybe that your criticism is not that RSR is pointing out JS is a scripting language but rather that he may appear to be belittling the power of JS? You may need to amplify what you mean because as it stands you are suggesting JS is not a scripting language.  If it isn't, then please tell us what it is since Wiki will have to be rewritten!!

You could’ve considered JS a scripting language in the early ecmascript days but it a lot more than that. I already explained my general gripe with Rob. Not sure why you localised on that one part of my explanation. 

Anyway this thread is starting to end like all the others regarding PMDG and their updates and it’s kind of tiresome. I’m happy that PMDG is focusing on upgrading their DB, RNP approaches rejoice! happy to see a date in mind for the -900 fans out there. 

Edited by Lucky38i