Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

PMDG News - 737-900 Release Date etc

8 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

And I'm not saying you aren't.  I said in my first post that I wasn't claiming the Fenix is a bad product. 

I think that we are free to say anything about a "product", we are flight enthusiasts here and the people think to an online forum like a supermarket. Personally, I don't like any dev coming here to expose the goodness of his "product", in plain conflict of interest and in an open conflict with other devs. Keep the business out of here, please.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

1 hour ago, Stearmandriver said:

The 737 sim climbs correctly on 2 engines and on 1 engine.  🤷‍♂️

How does PMDG manage the 737 FM, anyway? There are things fundamentally wrong with the Asobo FM (because Asobo isn't finished with it) that make compromise seem almost necessary. Like having a spot on cruise AoA or flaps full AoA, but not both, or having proper 5 knot turning rates or 50 knot turning rates, but not both. PMDG had to have made compromises, I just can't tell where.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

I think that we are free to say anything about a "product", we are flight enthusiasts here and the people think to an online forum like a supermarket. Personally, I don't like any dev coming here to expose the goodness of his "product", in plain conflict of interest and in an open conflict with other devs. Keep the business out of here, please.

It's a free forum. We are here to have a discussion. Your last remark aside, my comments have only been talking about what we do, not what anyone else does. Nowhere have I said or claimed any sort of direct comparison. I'd welcome you showing otherwise. In fact I have so far only responded to people talking about the Fenix 🙂

Edited by Aamir
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 5

Aamir Thacker

5 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Oh, and just to add on as the edit button isn't working.. If anything, I've acknowledged issues with our product's OEI performance and explained our problems with them. Not sure how it could be read otherwise. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Aamir Thacker

Sigh ..

Aamir said nothing about PMDG and basically addressed a noted issue with HIS own product when it came up and also corrected the record when someone incorrectly asserted the number of updates performed.

He also noted that his team is working on the noted defect as well

Tell me whats wrong with that ? Or would you have preferred to be left in the dark to speculate?

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

14 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Tell me whats wrong with that ? Or would you have preferred to be left in the dark to speculate?

Speculation is mana for many Avsim members. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Sigh ..

Aamir said nothing about PMDG and basically addressed a noted issue with HIS own product when it came up and also corrected the record when someone incorrectly asserted the number of updates performed.

He also noted that his team is working on the noted defect as well

Totally agree with this.  Aamir strikes me as a class act and the Fenix is a darn good product.  I only used an example; didn't mean to drag it into any mud slinging it does not deserve.  I also see nothing wrong with a dev commenting on his own product, certainly including pointing out the positive.  It's great to see folks enthusiastic about their accomplishments.

• Like 8

Andrew Crowley

20 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

And I'm not saying you aren't.  I said in my first post that I wasn't claiming the Fenix is a bad product.  I was just pointing out the incongruity of the inconsequential things people will complain about PMDG for, while seemingly being able to overlook fundamental issues in other products.  It was just an example.

Tribalism is dumb, basically.

There are some points of criticism regarding PMDG here and there I share, but it's basically a community sport at this point to harp on about the 'misdeeds' of the developer at every corner.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

20 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

What a ridiculous comment. 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

There is NO perfect software. Bugs happen, the big ones get fixed. If devs were devoted to making the last version of their product 100% perfect, they would never get around to making the next version.

As to PMDG. All this conjecture is silly. The bottom line is that PMDG has a plan in mind, and they have yet to figure out how to make it happen. So what? They will figure out how to do it when they figure it out. It will happen. The only reason that it is not out is because they aren't satisfied with what they have now. I'm glad they keep stuff they aren't happy with off of my system. I only want the stuff that they are happy with.

I'm enjoying the heck out of the 737, 738, the Fenix, and the FBW. Best time of my life for flight simming. I really appreciate all of the hard work these developers put into getting ANY product out the door. It's a tremendous challenge to make these add ons as well as they do.

I think RR and Aamir should both get the opportunity to show up at your jobs and criticize how you do it. 😁

• Like 6

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I'm very sadden by the fact that FENIX team is dead silent about its future plans. Mr. Randazzo is at least talking. 

28 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I'm very sadden by the fact that FENIX team is dead silent about its future plans. Mr. Randazzo is at least talking. 

Yeah, he talks and  talks and  talks..

• Upvote 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I mean, can we focus on the topic at hand, and not Fenix?

If that's the topic some of you want to discuss, feel free to create a new topic. Easy enough to do.

This is a thread about the PMDG 737-900.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I've criticized Fenix for their slow progress, especially on bug fixes (hello EFB not saving settings), on this forum, but the idea that they're "dead silent" is a stretch. We know what they're working on, they just don't have anything to show yet or release dates, which is par for the course for a lot of devs these days.