Every since the last MSFS2020  update I cannot get my Extreme 3D joystick throttle to behave.

No matter how slowly I increase the throttle the aircraft throttle jumps back to the idle position.

I have tried with 2 different prop aircraft and also changed the throttle setting to reverse which make no difference (except the throttle movement is then reversed).

I do hope this forum is correct for such a question as I could not see any other forum which would suit the question better.

John

Gigabyte Z390, I7 9700K, 16Gb, RTX2060, Gigabyte 32" monitor

john

cheers from 2257 ...... have you checked the device's controller to see if it is spiking & / or has null zones.

are you assigning with fsuipc or otherwise ?

having used 3DPro's for over a decade, I would suggest its throttle is only suited to piston ga types ..... a logitech quadrant is much better &  an economic investment.

for now, cheers

john martin

Thanks.  I decided to go into (windows) joystick setup and everything including the throttle was smooth so I recalibrated the joystick. That fixed my throttle problem.

How can joystick calibration change? Is this something that needs to be done every time there is an MSFS update or even every now and then?

John

My throttle suddenly went out of sync. 5 minutes later I got an email about mil spec throttles on sale on Etsy. I think it was some sort of hack or trick. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I hope that someone who can offer advice will read this even though the thread was started some time ago.

My throttle problems have returned even though I have just recalibrated my joystick in Windows to try and fix the problem.

I have tracked down the problem as ONLY occurring when I fly an amphibian (any) from the water. If I flight the same aircraft from a (ground) runway the throttle works correctly. What could the water be doing to affect the working of the throttle.

Edited by Jarnie
typos

John