Sign in to follow this  
737_800

GPU spools up again after update

my 3090 spools up to maximum without any reason and especially when in the options menu. does any one experience the same? To me it always like that after any update. Why?

Try Low Power Mode under Experimental in General Options. This stopped my 3090 doing the same. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

13 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Try Low Power Mode under Experimental in General Options. This stopped my 3090 doing the same. 

I already have low power mode turned on, this is not the solution. I think they 'mess something up' internally, because this happens always after a new update.

Ah ok. I've not experienced that. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Do you have v-sync turned on in the sim? With v-sync off my 3080 would spool up as you relate and even attain about 200 fps while in the menus. No need for all that. With v-sync on in game and frames capped in game at 100% refresh rate (60 fps for me) or 50% refresh rate (30fps), the excessive spooling you mention should be calmed.  
Rich

Explanation: Asobo has set no framerate limit on the menus, this means your GPU wants to render them with as much FPS as possible. This is useless. In your graphic card control panel, limit the framerate of Flight Simulator to solve the issue.