Sign in to follow this  
AnySajmon

FS2004 need help to run on windows 10

I have low end pc, the only flight simulator i can run is FS2004 (FSX is crashing and is unplayable) My specs are : CPU- Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G3900T @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz RAM- 4GB

My problem is that when i try to run the simulator on fullscreen (1600-900) the screen goes black and it starts flickering and blue rotating wheel appears, but, when i press alt-enter it goes windowed and everything is back to normal. Even tough, i recently reinstalled windows 10 (completely), before this, FS2004 went smooth, without any problems, i could have fullscreen for how long i wanted and the menu was functional too. Now for some reason it does not work. If anyone has any tips of fixes, i would be really glad if you would write it down bellow.

Simon

Hi Simon, welcome to AvSim. It's a long shot but have you checked the resolution setting in FS2004? I'm sure there were different ones to the Windows ones. Is 1600*900 your Windows resolution?

Other than that I can't think of much. It's been too long.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, AnySajmon said:

What do you mean that there are different resolutions than to Windows ones ?

In some versions there was an option to select the resolution. For example you could run Windows at 1024*768 but FS9 at 800*600. Not ideal obviously but make sure the FS9 res is the same as your Windows one.

What graphics card do you have?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Are you using the same drivers? Possibly not. Try updating them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot Windows is saying that the most recent drivers are installed, but looking at the drivers page it is not true, so i am gonna update them by downloading the most recent drivers. I am gonna say later how it went.

Simon

• Upvote 1

You also posted at Flightsim.

I agree with Ray. Make sure that your Windows screen resolution is the same as the sim's screen resolution.

It you are running Windows 10, follow the tips in the 1st post of the Flightsim FS2004 forum.

That should do it.

Kind Regards,

Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 minute ago, AnySajmon said:

@Ray Proudfoot I have the newest drivers available, according to windows and intel support. What now ?

No change even after rebooting? Rename your FS9.cfg file to FS9.cf#.

Start FS9. A new cfg will be built. You’ll need to choose your settings again but first set the FS9 resolution to 1600*900 and see what happens.

If no change I’m out of ideas, sorry.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot @Wobbie I have solved the problem. If you look closely to the resolution, to the right there is option either as 32bit. system or 16bit. system, and guess what, i picked the 16bit. system. Swtiching back to 32bit. system solved everything. Thanks that you were willing to help me.

Simon

• Like 1

Simon, I’d forgotten all about that setting. Well done for working it out. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Me too, I also forgot about that..  🙂

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hi All,

I still read through these posts periodically and in doing so saw this Thread: 

Nothing to do specifically to the item BUT I just wanted to say 'Thank You' to Ray & Wobbie for the continued help & advice they give to people like our fellow Simmer 'Simon'

Both these stalwarts of our Forum have also helped me - a complete 'Computer Numpty', in the past.  Thank you guys -  you're a credit to our Hobby.

Best Wishes and Kind Regards,

Blue.

PS. Still using FS9 too - along with the 'New' one 😉

Edited by Bluescaster