Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Has anyone picked up the CS 767-300 yet?

When I had just returned to FS as a result of MSFS coming on stream and the purchase of new computer, I got stung with the CS B777.  I bought it because I wanted one and because there wasn't anybody else doing one and at that stage I hadn't read any reviews about them. I was still remembering them from FSX where they produced some good stuff. Within a few minutes of 'unwrapping' it. I was appalled. The new reality I have since discovered is that CS have gone downhill, are litigious and don't have the sim community at their heart, only money grabs. It seems the CS B767 and the paint kit issue you describe just reinforce that view. 

So Steve, please don't waste time finding workarounds to paint their B767. Do not put your excellent freeware work onto their payware rubbish.  Lipstick on a pig springs to mind. Besides I think we are all looking forward to Bluebirds B757 and B767 and PMDG's B777. You will receive never ending livery requests for these. We need your full and undivided attention mate!!🙂.

Cheers

Terry

• Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

I got it, it needs work that I'm sure the Modder community is already on it.

Right now the biggest flaw is that it is a 747-8i.  It has a million pound MTOW.  It flies okay because it is the 748 just reskinned. 

The airplane is as functional as the stock asobo 748i. They did actually manage to edit the gauges so they look like what you would see in a 763.  The analog gages look good and seem functional.

Exterior model is nice, wing flex looks good.

If I had to guess, The moding community will likely integrate the salty FMC like they did with the masterrob94 mod and make it a much better plane.  There are already a ton of repaints.  Mike V's Delta repaint is really nice.

With a freeware version coming from a different/probably better developer definitely don't buy it.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by aniiran
  • Like 2

U want a 24 hour migrane? buy CS.  I bought a lot of their products for FSX, since then gone down hil big time!  take ur money and run!!! No support.  The exteriors of their plane r really good, but u do want to fly? good luck!  Stay away, tempting yes, ur call.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

I think the best business model for CS would be a supplier of high quality external models for others - this is where CS excel.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Artur 

Not a chance.  I think this trend is pathetic and gives flight sim a black eye when you charge that much only to see that is default systems of other aircraft. Fake and bake.  The greed is astounding to even charge for liveries without offering an official paintkit as an alternative option. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

CS - Absolutely no chance I would buy from them. Just selling a shell, sounds like they are selling reprints for more than the aircraft is worth..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

spacer.png

13 hours ago, aniiran said:

Right now the biggest flaw is that it is a 747-8i.  It has a million pound MTOW.  It flies okay because it is the 748 just reskinned. 

Biggest flaw? It is worse than that. I am not sure quite what the point of this is? Does this happen in car racing sims? Someone builds a 911 but just bases it off a Ford fiesta engine and dynamics? Completely pointless. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Does this happen in car racing sims? Someone builds a 911 but just bases it off a Ford fiesta engine and dynamics? Completely pointless. 

Lol could you imagine?

”oh sweet Lamborghini.  Wait, why is my 0-60…never?”

I knew the systems came from the default 747 but I didn’t realize it was literally the 747’s weights and performance with no attempts to make those things at least like a basic 767.  I retract my previous comment about being willing to pay $10 for it.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 hours ago, Beardyman said:

I think the best business model for CS would be a supplier of high quality external models for others - this is where CS excel.

That's actually a really good idea.  If they became a 4th party developer and provided external models, where other devs then "functionalize" and add sounds to the aircraft, they'd probably develop a reputation for quality... in that single field of modelling!

5 hours ago, regis9 said:

I knew the systems came from the default 747 but I didn’t realize it was literally the 747’s weights and performance with no attempts to make those things at least like a basic 767.  I retract my previous comment about being willing to pay $10 for it.

Yes, the product is literally an external model, a cockpit model, then absolutely everything else is just aliased to the 747.    I have to say that I'm also frustrated with MS for this... they have absolutely zero standards for the marketplace.   If you go into the 'Aircraft' category, over half the products are just payware livery packs for the default aicraft!

It's just 100% focus on quick revenue, with 0% consideration for developing a longer-term sales stream through reputation, integrity and quality.  Simmarket went that way some time ago - and the MS Marketplace is just a carbon copy of Simmarket (except the latter do not encrypt files, so that at least you can attempt to fix some bugs!).

Releasing next week on Marketplace:

FSAir! .... enjoy more realistic air in your simulator.  Feel the breeze of (slightly more real) air on your aircraft!*

*NB. FSAir does not change the effect of air on the aircraft, and contains no visual features. Some users have reported it smells a little different to default MSFS air... like bacon. Or maybe burnt steak.

Become a FSAir! -head, only $39.99 / EUR 146.36 / £9,465.80

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

16 minutes ago, JYW said:

That's actually a really good idea.  If they became a 4th party developer and provided external models, where other devs then "functionalize" and add sounds to the aircraft, they'd probably develop a reputation for quality... in that single field of modelling!

Yes, the product is literally an external model, a cockpit model, then absolutely everything else is just aliased to the 747.    I have to say that I'm also frustrated with MS for this... they have absolutely zero standards for the marketplace.   If you go into the 'Aircraft' category, over half the products are just payware livery packs for the default aicraft!

It's just 100% focus on quick revenue, with 0% consideration for developing a longer-term sales stream through reputation, integrity and quality.  Simmarket went that way some time ago - and the MS Marketplace is just a carbon copy of Simmarket (except the latter do not encrypt files, so that at least you can attempt to fix some bugs!).

FSAir! .... enjoy more realistic air in your simulator.  Feel the breeze of (slightly more real) air on your aircraft!*

*NB. FSAir does not change the effect of air on the aircraft, and contains no visual features. Some users have reported it smells a little different to default MSFS air... like bacon. Or maybe burnt steak.

I suspect a massive problem with applying quality standards to the Marketplace would be that MS would have to pay people to check and enforce the standards.

They already don't have enough staff at the moment leading to the massive tl bottlenecks we've seen in content recently so the idea that they'd be willing to spend more money to weed out the trash seems unlikely.

Edited by Matchstick

48 minutes ago, JYW said:

O-M-G.  TAKE MY MONEY.  I don't think I can wait 1 week for FSAir.

In the meantime, I have a 12" fan.  What would you suggest I do with the fan right now to tide me over?  Should I blast it straight in my face, simulating a Curtiss Jenny flight?  Or place it across the room and have it gently blow caressing air towards me, as if I'm in an airliner with the bleed air turned on low?   

Since you have betatested FSAir, I figured you would have some unique insight for me.  Plus your NDA has been lifted, right?

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

11 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Biggest flaw? It is worse than that. I am not sure quite what the point of this is? Does this happen in car racing sims? Someone builds a 911 but just bases it off a Ford fiesta engine and dynamics? Completely pointless. 

Yeah, actually bootleg cars in Asseto Corsa often use the dynamics of a similar car.  

The reason this is the biggest flaw is because you can't do any type of realistic fuel planning.  It also looks weird when the numbers in the EICAS  are so crazy.  774.6 LBS X 1000