Sign in to follow this  
maxter

An example of what FSX can offer...

Go over to the Orbx site that is developing scenery for Australia. Koorby has just released some pre-beta pics for us to drool over...http://vistaoz.org/smf/index.php?topic=6796.0Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Hmm, I find members-only forums a bit of a catch-22 -- I don't really know whether I want to sign up until I can see something of interest inside. Come on, VOZ, open up...

Guest PhilC

Here is a shot of something that the default FSX offers. The rain water on the surfaces is great if you have the computing horsepower. I was blown away the first time I saw this.

Guest AC777_LR

Hmmmm you have to sign up to preview some beta shots? No thanks. Maybe if they open up the forum for guest or post pictures on the site, i'm not interested.

>Hmmmm you have to sign up to preview some beta shots? No>thanks. Maybe if they open up the forum for guest or post>pictures on the site, i'm not interested.Hmmmm, my experience with VOZ is outstanding scenery for free. If you are rejecting the whole project because their forum is protected by (free) registration, that's your loss, really!Btw, web robots filling out forms on the web has become a big problem. One way of dealing with it is registering. Another way is those annoying capcha images. I prefer signing up!Eagle

>Hmmmm, my experience with VOZ is outstanding scenery for free.>If you are rejecting the whole project because their forum is>protected by (free) registration, that's your loss, really!>>Btw, web robots filling out forms on the web has become a big>problem. One way of dealing with it is registering. Another>way is those annoying capcha images. I prefer signing up!>>Eagle>Read-only access to a forum is a different issue -- Avsim is an example of a user-friendly, protected forum, anyone can view, but you need to sign up to post.

Folks,If you go over to:http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=215.0you can see some pre-beta screenshots of the upcoming Voz Pro release without having to login. I had previously assumed that lots of folk already knew about Voz but perhaps this is not the case? The current version of Voz is available for free for use in FS2004 (refer to http://vistaoz.org/). It covers most of Australia and added a depth of realism and immersion that was definitely missing until its advent.Voz Pro will be payware but considering what the Voz folk have already contributed for free and particularly looking at the quality of Voz Pro, this makes a lot of sense. Paul

Thanks Paul, that does look brilliant. I did notice that the VOZ site does have some screenshots etc, it was just the original post linking to a sign-up page which annoyed me:)Godzone Virtual Flight, for 'Real New Zealand' sceneryhttp://www.windowlight.co.nz

Wait, isn't this going to be payware? Not that I'm against someone being compensated for their work, but I'd be careful playing the whole "free" card.Just sayin'

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

>Read-only access to a forum is a different issue -- Avsim is>an example of a user-friendly, protected forum, anyone can>view, but you need to sign up to post.That's a good point, didn't think of that. However, there could be a number of reasons why VOZ has chosen this solution, and it's not that much of an effort to register if that's what they want.Eagle