Sign in to follow this  
JYW

At Feb 2023, one missing feature you'd most like in MSFS?

There was a thread like this some time ago and from it, I picked up a few tips on using the sim that I'd not previously known about (as well as seeing what people's greatest single wish was for a 'missing' MSFS feature).

So, as of Feb 2023, what is your single greatest wish for a feature in MSFS, that is not currently there?

I bet there are many common ones!  But I bet nobody else wants what my greatest wish is 😄 :-

To have a keyboard assignment available for toggling the Headset Audio Simulation.

You see I quite like the effect, but what I'd love to be able to do, for immersion, is start my engine with the headset off, then hit a key to activate the headset simulation.  As it currently is, you need to go through 3 menu layers to activate it.

What about you?

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I made this in an LUA script for XP-11, and assigned it as an invisible clickspot in the cockpit which I placed over the headset jack on the panel. Was kinda neat.

• Like 1

An easy instant replay like FSX/P3D.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Weather 🤣

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

A fictional but realistic seamless Worldwide weather engine, one that has no pop ins and generates realistic weather and systems depending on time of year, location etc. and does not rely on METAR or LIVE servers. And new cloud system to go with it (i.e. cirrus and better looking more varied cloud types and more realistic thunderstorms etc.)

Edited by KERNEL32
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Stewardesses

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

A Hercules C-130.

• Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Classic Tower and Flyby views.

Edited by jbdbow1970
spelling
  • Like 10

Damage modeling.

I know, I know, civilian flight sim, but having some KSP style damage modeling would be really fun sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Automatic Instant Replay of "Highlights" from your flight as you end flight. It will be dynamic with automated camera views of engine starts, take-offs, some in-flight shots, landing, parking and engine shutdowns. Sports games do this quite well after a game is over, would be nice to see this in MSFS.

Edited by decker89
fix sentence errors.
  • Like 9