Sign in to follow this  
JYW

At Feb 2023, one missing feature you'd most like in MSFS?

27 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

The ability to swap aircraft, or at least a livery, on a plane without having to go all the way back to the main menu.
I know there is a clunky way of doing this from the developers menu, but that introduces other issues and is also buggy.

This. I want to fly somewhere in one aircraft and then get out and change to another without having to go back to the main menu. 

• Like 6

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

10 hours ago, hangar said:

I made this in an LUA script for XP-11, and assigned it as an invisible clickspot in the cockpit which I placed over the headset jack on the panel. Was kinda neat.

can you do something similar in MSFS?  I will buy you a dozen beers.. seriously.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

11 hours ago, JYW said:

But I bet nobody else wants what my greatest wish is 😄 :-

You see I quite like the effect, but what I'd love to be able to do, for immersion, is start my engine with the headset off, then hit a key to activate the headset simulation.  As it currently is, you need to go through 3 menu layers to activate it.

To quote Michael Jackson:  "You're not alone.. "

I actually upvoted this feature request on MSFS polling site.. It is a must have cool feature!

Edited by vin747
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vinod Kumar

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Historical Weather.

"Chaseplane".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

so my must haves in MSFS: 

1. decent AI behavior without any shenanigans..

2. Flyby and tower views  

3. Audio headset key binding

4. better car LODs.. they keep disappearing too soon.. 

5. better slew mode + camera control during slew mode

except item 1, rest are minor fixes.. goes to show how far MSFS has matured since its launch.. loving every moment of it.. 

• Like 2

Vinod Kumar

Drop down menus for controller profiles and aircrafts.

GA AI Traffic.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Proper driveable race tracks with real physics and inbuilt car racing support, not much to ask is it?!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Working Live Weather🤣

• Like 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

As a casual simmer, I think the only thing I really miss is the AI, I mean the FS2004 AI level. I miss spending hours only doing spotting in a big hub.

I think if we get a better ATC and AI traffic, at least for me, FS will be more or less complete. I got the latinVFR static planes, and is good, at least I see something on my destination, as real traffic is disabled, because last time I tried AI, I got a plane crossing in front of me seconds after take off 😄

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

45 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

"Chaseplane".

Something approaching a lite version of Chaseplane now available:

https://fselite.net/content/parallel-42s-flow-gets-updated-to-include-camera-controls/

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

8 hours ago, Kyuss said:

That looks like your bing data world graphics option is off. It will shut itself off sometimes when there's server connection issues, and there's been the much talked about problem with that this weekend so that would be my guess.

come to think of it I got a message that the bing data was offline when I first launched, but then hit escape and the server status said online.  So I disregarded it.  But maybe this was related to that?  i didn't realize this was a current issue.  For the other question.  I was flying into Vancouver here.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Remove the simobjects limitation. Most modern GPUs have enough VRAM to accomodate this. I want to see everything, not pop-ins.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TheFamilyMan said:

A save and restore flight that actually works as it should.  #1 for me by a long shot, and the #1 disappointment from the first day I had MSFS installed. 

I've now posted this more times than I can remember. 

What is the problem with the solution we have today?