Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Gunz

Co-pilot "hijacking" responses & frequencies

Hi Dave,

I've read a couple of posts regarding this topic so I wanted to pass this along.  I will continue to monitor the issue and will provide additional information when I get it.

As mentioned in the title, I have experienced several instances in the past when the co-pilot "takes over" even though those options have been de-selected.  In this specific instance (which has occurred more than once), I was monitoring the Speech panel settings while nearing the take-off runway as I taxied towards it.   I had been "communicating" with ATC and controlling frequencies to this point.   Neither  the "Responds To Radio" nor the "Changes Frequencies" boxes had check marks when I began taxiing.  As I drew near the active, Ground instructed me to contact the Tower.  At that point, I noticed the "Responds To Radio" and "Changes Frequencies" boxes became "checked" and the co-pilot changed the frequency (which was set to Ground) to Tower and contacted the tower.

I have attached screen shots of both the Speech Panel and the Buttons Panel in hopes they will assist you in telling me what I'm doing wrong.  I will continue to run P2A with the Speech Panel open as I fly, to capture any additional instances of this "unrequested" change and will provide you with any relevant screen shots to, again, assist in determining where I have erred.

Thanks.

Ken in Kansas

spacer.png

spacer.png

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC: 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB OC
CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro H.O.T.A.S.
Logitech MFD and Radio Panel Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

Most likely there is a setting in the AppConfig.xml file that shouldn't be there causing this to happen.

You can try a couple of things.

First, just press the Clear button for the "Respond to Radio" HotKey and Joystick button settings on the Speech tab.

If that doesn't do it, try renaming or deleting the AppConfig.xml file located in

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml

where <UserName> is your PC user name.

A new AppConfig file will be created and you can then set all your settings again from scratch and this should rid the file of any settings for the Responds to Radio.

Dave

Okey-dokey.  Will do tomorrow and let you know if "hi-jacking" re-occurs.  Thanks for the support!

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC: 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB OC
CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro H.O.T.A.S.

Set up several "quick and dirty" plans and taxied to active runways.  No problems with co-pilot "hi-jacking".  I'll be reading the manual (finally, he said) re: the buttons you mentioned to gain further insight.

Thanks again for your continuing support.

Ken in Kansas

i tried that trick but ptatc still not changing frequencies

it will momentarily switch the return to previouse freq also keeps asking to reset xponder

Your SIM might have it set so that it's ATC controls the radio frequencies.  Be sure to turn off all ATC related SIM options.

ATC will only repeat XPDR codes if P2A's XPDR code is not set correctly.  Some aircraft don't allow external programs to change radio frequencies or XPDR codes/modes, so that could be the problem.  You may have to change them in the aircraft and let P2A pick up the changes when it reads the SIM.