Sign in to follow this  
btacon

WT Just Released Enhancements For The Longitude and TBM

27 minutes ago, tikur_anebesa said:

Where does one find the download for this update?

The marketplace 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, hangar said:

I'd rather have dimmable back-splash lighting for the TBM's panel.

It already has that. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

39 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

It already has that. 

The only panel lighting I have been able to find on the panels that is dimmable would be the backlights for the textual lettering, but I have seen no backsplash for the panel itself.

The only thing that actually illuminates as backsplash would be the 2 overhead lights that splash onto the panels, but they're not actually dimmable or adjustable in any way I could find...did I miss how to do this?

...or maybe you're referring to the 3rd party mod (which I no longer use since the updated avionics)?

Edited by hangar

33 minutes ago, hangar said:

The only thing that actually illuminates as backsplash would be the 2 overhead lights that splash onto the panels, but they're not actually dimmable or adjustable in any way I could find

I am not aware of a dimmable overhead light either but that would be nice.  And if I was an engineer at Daher, I might just add dimmable glareshield lights because the overheads in flight on a dark night seems a lot (unless you're trying to read a paper chart)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Danno said:

Maybe a stupid question...  other than mimicking the real thing, how does this help us as single pilot operators? 

Perhaps natively in-sim shared-cockpit functionality at some point down the development path?

• Like 2

Corsair 5000D Airflow | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master | i7-11700K @ 4.9GHz | Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME | WD 14TB external HDD | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Aorus Master | EVGA G3 850 W 80+ Gold PSU | LG 32GP850-B 32.0" 2560x1440 165Hz | Saitek X52 HOTAS | Win10 21H2

17 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I was hoping it was a modification to the flight model or something useful.

The flight model that ships in AAU1 was already tuned in conjunction with manufacturer flight data and real C700 pilots, and flies more or less on the book. What additional flight model enhancements would be necessary, in your opinion?

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

The flight model that ships in AAU1 was already tuned in conjunction with manufacturer flight data and real C700 pilots, and flies more or less on the book. What additional flight model enhancements would be necessary?

Flies great for me, although I do leave an impact crater every time I land that & the CJ4....

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

19 hours ago, B777ER said:

Be interesting to see what impact it actually does have on performance like they mentioned in the Discord post above.

Not much for me

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 2/7/2023 at 7:51 AM, Danno said:

I am not aware of a dimmable overhead light either but that would be nice.  And if I was an engineer at Daher, I might just add dimmable glareshield lights because the overheads in flight on a dark night seems a lot (unless you're trying to read a paper chart)

dimmable glareshield lights, sort of like this?

FHkrMIJ.jpg

• Like 2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I tried out this new enhancement and, once everything is loaded, didn't notice any framerate or performance degradation.

5 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

Are you saying this mod adds new panel lighting? If so, now I’m interested.

7 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

FHkrMIJ.jpg

Lovely, just what the doctor ordered 🙂

Is that a lighting-only mod?

Edited by hangar

it's a mod adding a custom .fx file, add lines in system.cfg.  let me see if i can upload to .to.  

• Like 2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

On 2/9/2023 at 11:24 PM, kdfw__ said:

it's a mod adding a custom .fx file, add lines in system.cfg.  let me see if i can upload to .to.  

Just wondering if this was uploaded.