Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

AFG King Air non-clickable gauge problem fixed!

My first question is whether or not you are trying to do this from the 2D or VC panel?I'll check it out myself, but when I do it from the VC, I'm pretty sure they work. I don't think I've tested the 2D panel out yet. There is a new version of the 2D panel as well by somebody else which I haven't tried yet.Also, I still haven't found a fix for the engine sound (jet whine) not turning off when everything else is shut down in the outside view (there's no sound on the inside view). The sounds author said he would take a look at it, but I haven't heard from him in a while. The sounds from the default 350 turn off fine in all views.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>My first question is whether or not you are trying to do this>from the 2D or VC panel?>The switches on the 2D panel for sure don't work. In the VC I think it's the same but I am not 100% sure. I'll have to double check on the VC.I've been loading the default 350, turning on or off the bat/gen switches, then loading the 300 back.>I'll check it out myself, but when I do it from the VC, I'm>pretty sure they work. I don't think I've tested the 2D panel>out yet. There is a new version of the 2D panel as well by>somebody else which I haven't tried yet.>That reminds me: Another thing I've noticed is the Autofeather indicator light bars. They are present in the 2D panel, but not in the VC. ??This is a great aircraft! I zipped between Colombia and Panama last weekend in it with real weather and all of that, and what a flight. Sitting in the pax compartment looking out the windows is a lot of fun too.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Also, I still haven't found a fix for the engine sound (jet>whine) not turning off when everything else is shut down in>the outside view (there's no sound on the inside view). This is, apparently another small "bug" in FSX, as I've experienced this same behavior even with default a/c.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>Also, I still haven't found a fix for the engine sound (jet>>whine) not turning off when everything else is shut down in>>the outside view (there's no sound on the inside view). >>This is, apparently another small "bug" in FSX, as I've>experienced this same behavior even with default a/c.If I perform the shutdown while in 2d or VC before switching to Spot or Tower View, I get normal, expected results...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Do you get normal results with the default 350 or the AFG 300?I get normal results with the 350, but not with the AFG 300. If I use the default sounds with the AFG 300, I get normal results.I haven't tried shutting down from outside the cockpit yet.

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

All right, I have now had a chance to fully examine this.>My first question is whether or not you are trying to do this>from the 2D or VC panel?>2D panel>I'll check it out myself, but when I do it from the VC, I'm>pretty sure they work. In the VC, only the right generator switch is clickable, because the yoke is in the way of the left gen and batt switches.Isn't this true on your setup as well?So I don't know how you're clicking them off and on in the VC. Advice appreciated.And as for the 2D, they are not working on my computer. All three switches are out of the (default) KingAir.dll file, unfortunately.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

I don't know if you are using the plane in FS9 or FSX. If you are using it in FSX, make sure you have applied my updates. Then you should be able to click on the red button on the yoke and the yoke will disappear. Then the switches should be clickable.I'll check out the 2D panel. There is a new 2D panel available here on Avsim for the plane. I don't know if it works in FSX, I haven't tested it out yet.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Yep, I've confirmed the Bat and Gen switches from the default 350 2D panel don't work in the AFG 300. The switches in the VC, however, work just fine. You should be able to see the whole switch bar in the VC without turning off the yoke I think (there's a bar over all three switches which you can hit to turn them all off at once)?When I get a chance, probably next weekend or so, I'll take a look at what can be done for the 2D panel. You might want to try out the 2D panel that was recently uploaded here at Avsim (as noted, I haven't had a chance to).Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I wondered why one time I loaded the VC, and the yoke was gone. Then the next time I loaded the VC, the yoke was back there.I thought it was some glitch.I must have hit the "red button" you speak of by accident. I have a habit of just randomly pushing buttons in the cockpit. :) I think I started doing that when I was about 2 years old.I usually fly the 300 with the VC, so removing the yoke essentially solves the problem for me.Too bad the King Air 350 batt and gen switches don't work in the 2D though.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Nope, that is a glitch. You'll notice when this happens all the parking stuff is out, even though the parking brake is not on. To fix it, I usually just go and pick the aircraft again from the select aircraft menu. I haven't figured out what causes it. It happens very rarely to me.It shouldn't be too difficult to fix the broken 2D switches. I may have to write a 2D version of the VC gauge, but it's just a couple of switches. It may already have been done in that new version of the 2D panel.

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I'm going to look for that new 2D panel you speak of here shortly...Choices are always good...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

I could not find any "new" 2D panel. I did find a panel made for widescreen, which was pretty neat.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

There's a couple out there. You're right though, I hate the Avsim search engine. It took me FOREVER to find the panel I was looking for.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search....zip&CatID=roothttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...pan&DLID=109651Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I wish people would call the aircraft by its correct name: King AirNot "kingair". ARGH!RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett