Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

60 second pause is back, begging for help.

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

60 seconds  60 pages. guess you didn't get the association. 🤪

Oh, I see, ok now I get it.  I’m sorry, this is extremely frustrating for me.

• Like 2

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

Oh, I see, ok now I get it.  I’m sorry, this is extremely frustrating for me.

If this were my problem, I would  take a suggestion made a long time ago, and wipe drive, install windows, install MSFS, and nothing else, and I bet your problem will disappear. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If this were my problem, I would  take a suggestion made a long time ago, and wipe drive, install windows, install MSFS, and nothing else, and I bet your problem will disappear. 

That is indeed the last resort and I may very well have to do it but as someone said, if I do that and it still does it, what then?  I’d like to actually see what’s causing it.

Jack Sawyer

@Bert Pieke.  Hi Bert, I tried rolling the NVIDIA driver back from 528.02 to 526.47.

No change, still 60 seconds.  I guess I’m going to try rolling back Windows per that video someone posted above.  I’m still trying to figure out the exact steps to take with ProcMon.  It may be easy for the guys in these YouTube videos but I notice they’re all trained IT guys.

Jack Sawyer

5 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

That is indeed the last resort and I may very well have to do it but as someone said, if I do that and it still does it, what then?  I’d like to actually see what’s causing it.

If after you do that, and the problem is still there, you have haunted house. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Not to mention that Jack has a wide range of storage devices.  Right there I'm saying huh.

It would make an IT pro cringe.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I share your opinion on this and I have suggested it to the OP, as have others. For reasons I fail to understand, he appears to find this too extreme, even though two days ago he was apparently considering "removing the motherboard and de-soldering all USB connections" (!) as a possible course of action. Another reasoning of his is that "it may not work" - curious as well, given that none of the other dozens of suggestions have worked so far.

The OP also seems quite proud of his "to-do list" in applying dozens of random fixes that have been suggested to him. Something that is often forgotten in the tweak-and-fix-addicted flight sim community is this - operating systems are designed and built to work as a whole, with intertwined processes and tasks. The moment you start killing / deactivating isolated processes you are asking for trouble, because that is normally how you mangle an OS installation. Even when your "fix" works, most of the time you are breaking something else which might not be apparent at the moment but will bite you later.

Edited by GentleGroove
spelling
  • Like 2

LPMA

12 minutes ago, GentleGroove said:

I share your opinion on this and I have suggested it to the OP, as have others. For reasons I fail to understand, he appears to find this too extreme, even though two days ago he was apparently considering "removing the motherboard and de-soldering all USB connections" (!) as a possible course of action. Another reasoning of his is that "it may not work" - curious as well, given that none of the other dozens of suggestions have worked so far.

The OP also seems quite proud of his "to-do list" in applying dozens of random fixes that have been suggested to him. Something that is often forgotten in the tweak-and-fix-addicted flight sim community is this - operating systems are designed and built to work as a whole, with intertwined processes and tasks. The moment you start killing / deactivating isolated processes you are asking for trouble, because that is normally how you mangle an OS installation. Even when your "fix" works, most of the time you are breaking something else which might not be apparent at the moment but will bite you later.

Dang!  Can’t I do it my way?  Extreme?  If you don’t like it then please don’t post or are you trolling me?

The de-soldering the USB connectors was complete and total sarcasm.  If you took that to be literal then I’m sorry. 

If you don’t like my do-to list then DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD!

It is my prerogative to troubleshoot this my way is it not? 

Your post is insulting and demeaning and offers nothing constructive.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

My simple test of watching a YouTube to see if it pauses when the sim pauses gave me these results.

While watching the YT and the sim 152 was taxiing I had the pauses in the sim but not on the YT.  And yes, it was 4K.

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

23 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I was curious since I'm looking at every single component on this PC.  Here's my drives and what's on them.

C - Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 1TB

D - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB Just backup files.

E - WDC WDS100T2B0A 1TB Empty

F - Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB MSFS, Steam, & Orbx libraries

I - Seagate Portable SCSI 2TB - Some Steam files

K - WD Easystore 25FB USB 8 TB - Empty

L - WD My Passport 0820 USB Device 1 TB - Just backup files, same as drive D

Shouldn't be an issue, you don't have any of the drives that are affected.
But I'm wondering, what type of Steam files do you have on your portable SCSI? 
Could it be that Steam tries to access some files on that drive?

Edit: I saw you answered that you unplugged them earlier. Sorry.

I really understand your frustration with this issue, it's so ridiculous. And it's probably a relatively easy fix, we just haven't found it yet.
You're not bothering anyone, most of us in here just get frustrated because nothing seems to solve it. I admire your patience!
And don't be scared to ask questions that might seem obvious to some.

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

My simple test of watching a YouTube to see if it pauses when the sim pauses gave me these results.

While watching the YT and the sim 152 was taxiing I had the pauses in the sim but not on the YT.  And yes, it was 4K.

Since you have Steam, maybe you could download 3DMark from there and run a benchmark to see if it stops at 60 seconds there as well. 
3DMark is relatively simple, it's not a huge download and it doesn't screw up your computer. You can delete it after trying.

At least then we'd know if it's a general 60 second issue or only with MSFS.

• Like 2

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

24 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I really understand your frustration with this issue, it's so ridiculous. And it's probably a relatively easy fix, we just haven't found it yet.
You're not bothering anyone, most of us in here just get frustrated because nothing seems to solve it. I admire your patience!

Hi Republic and thanks.  You may be onto something here.  On that drive is a folder called “My Steam” and it’s 3.91 GB and the dates on some files are today which means it used by Steam.  There’s a ton of files and folders inside My Steam.  Since I believe this is a non-SSD drive I wonder if this couldn’t be the problem.  I remember disconnecting this drive last spring when I went from the stand-alone version of MSFS to Steam and I must have told Steam to install here.

I wonder if there’s a way to move all these files to an SSD and have Steam still see it?

• Like 1

Jack Sawyer

45 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Hi Republic, here's what I just did then I have to do other real-world things.

I went to Steam and found what's shown on these screenshots.

I then moved the games for the MSFS (F) drive but it wouldn't allow me to move probably the most important files.

The Infocom games are some of my all-time favorites despite me not having even played them yet and I bought them a couple of years ago.  

Anyway, here's the screen shots taken in consecutive order.  Now, I wonder how I can move that last set of files or will I have to completely uninstall MSFS and Steam?

pn9w9fM.png

TivrrqS.png

y7W5wNE.png

ysFV1Iq.png

hlEuwQZ.png

a3vocMr.png

Jack Sawyer

8 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

This looks promising but I have a question about it.  Won't Windows automatically update itself again anyway?

yes  probably  on the next update  at least  you  can  dismiss  if  it  were  the  last update  that  causing  it

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I presume that if you boot MSFS and stay on the map page and don't FLY then there is no stutter shown on the Developers Mode FPS screen up in the right hand corner of MSFS? 

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.