Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

Megascene Hawaii Color Pallet Question ...

I downloaded the Hawaii FSX package and I think it is superb... BUT my only complaint is the pallet. Every thing seems to be a little too "bluish" or maybe blue green. Not majorly... but annoyingly... to my eyes anyway. Like the reds and browns and oranges are not coming through ... not like default FSX scenerey, at least.Has anyone else noticed that? I was thinking of buying the upcoming Southern Cal package... but am wondering if all of their scenery has this kind of over blue/greenish "hue" to it. Anyone out there have Hawaii plus either Dallas/Ft Worth and or Phoenix for FSX? Are the pallets different?Thanks much!Steve

I have them all.They are different. The Phoenix has a brown tinge which is correct for the most part. DFW also has the brown tinge..but that looks allright for Dallas during winter. But for the most part, Dallas is green.And they both are different from Hawaii.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I certainly prefer the color balance which is used in the Aerosoft Dillingham airport scenery over the megescenery colors. When compared with the Dillingham pack the megascenery does seem more bluish.

Thanks Manny,That's just what I wanted to know. I couln't pick up the "greenish" or any other "tinges" in the screen shots on line. Possibly the pallet will be more balanced in the SO Cal. Boy, after seeing Hawaii (I wanted to start cheap ;^) I CAN'T wait for Pacific Northwest. Sure hope that's their next release.Take care, Steve

Thanks much ... I'm excited... I just downloaded the Dillingham airport. Can't wait to set it up tomorrow. I'll see if it looks better as well.