Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

KCVG Released - Skyline Simulations

Well, it’s finally here, but I’m going to be the first to say I’m pretty disappointed and this will not be a day 1 purchase for me. The p3d version of KCVG from SS was mediocre at best and it looks like their MSFS product isn’t far off from that either. Maybe it’s the poor still images they used, but the attention to detail, poor resolution, and weird textures are throwing me off here. Maybe someone else who picks it up will shed some light on how it is for them.

First, the resolution of these images is absolutely terrible. The images on their site literally have pixels showing to the point where it’s almost hard on the eyes. Second, the images use stock planes. This is 2023 - use real looking traffic in your advertisements! The ground textures look off as well in these. Curious what other folks will think if they buy it.

https://skyline-simulations.com/product/kcvg-cincinnati-international-airport-ultra-msfs/

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

List of features looks impressive, but their price is too high compared to other MSFS airports. From their website:

Designed with the latest airport updates

planepoint.png?resize=19%2C20&ssl=1 UHD Realistic Custom Textures 

planepoint.png?resize=19%2C20&ssl=1 Detailed HD Ground with PBR and decals

planepoint.png?resize=19%2C20&ssl=1 Super Detailed 3D modeling

planepoint.png?resize=19%2C20&ssl=1 PBR Materials on every building

planepoint.png?resize=19%2C20&ssl=1 Thousands of 3D custom static objects

planepoint.png?resize=19%2C20&ssl=1 Amazing and detailed night textures

planepoint.png?resize=19%2C20&ssl=1 FSEco-subsystem

planepoint.png?resize=19%2C20&ssl=1 Accurate City using original OSM data

planepoint.png?resize=19%2C20&ssl=1 Ground Traffic

planepoint.png?resize=19%2C20&ssl=1 Animated Custom Jetways

planepoint.png?resize=19%2C20&ssl=1 Animated Radar

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Their P3D version was outright offensive (ie: terrible), just read the reviews on Simmarket. I'd be suprised if that was any better for MSFS - pics say no. The "super detailed 3d modeling" certainly hasn't been used everywhere... (or anywhere...)

• Upvote 3

I’ve also been waiting for this release. For the price and the image quality I’m going to skip this scenery. I was hoping they would have improved over the P3D version.

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

This company (which I've purchased from before) is among one of the worst in this genre. 

• Upvote 3

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I will pass to many negative reviews.  I will probably buy Memphis instead

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Really, really too bad. I would really like a good quality CVG for cargo ops but from the pictures and reviews it seems this is a definite pass. I hope another developer will give it a go.

Edited by Cognita

Dan Scott

I will never purchase another product from this developer, their P3D version of CVG was AWFUL! They promised updates but never delivered. Heathrow performed better than CVG did!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, shamrockflyer said:

I will never purchase another product from this developer, their P3D version of CVG was AWFUL! They promised updates but never delivered. Heathrow performed better than CVG did!

Agreed 100%. They released this buggy and resource hog for P3D and it turned into abandoned-ware. Memory is long for flight simmers and I too will never purchase from this vendor again.

• Upvote 1

Eric 

2 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

I will pass to many negative reviews.  I will probably buy Memphis instead

Where did you find MEM at? 

Eric 

19 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Where did you find MEM at? 

It's made by BMWorld ORBX has it.

• Like 1

I’m in the same boat. Will probably get Kmem if the reviews are good. Probably get EDDK for Euro. 

35 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

I’m in the same boat. Will probably get Kmem if the reviews are good. Probably get EDDK for Euro. 

EDDK is pretty solid. I fly for UPSVAC and picked it up with p3d and bought it when it came out for MSFS. They did a pretty solid job on it.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

8 hours ago, BrammyH said:

Probably get EDDK for Euro. 

Aerosoft? It performs quite terribly for me. I don't know whats up but the performance isn't great at times.

So far the purchase went instantly.  Unfortunately so did the download errors so I havent even been able to download it.  Very much like the P3D version.