Sign in to follow this  
Bman2006

Cessna 172 - Glass Cockpit Issue

What's the deal with the Cessna 172 glass cockpit? If you try to dial in a destination on the GPS you get double character inputs. For example, if you try to type in KSGF you get KKSSGGFF and that is a tough destination to arrive to. Does any one know of a fix to this? I have sent and email to FSInsider but had no response. It seems strange to me that the default aircraft would have this issue but perhaps I have done something wrong along the lines. Help. Does any one else have this issue? Bman.

Benjamin Van Eps

>> What's the deal with the Cessna 172 glass cockpit? If you>try to dial in a destination on the GPS you get double>character inputs. For example, if you try to type in KSGF you>get KKSSGGFF and that is a tough destination to arrive to. >> Does any one know of a fix to this? I have sent and email>to FSInsider but had no response. It seems strange to me that>the default aircraft would have this issue but perhaps I have>done something wrong along the lines.>> Help. Does any one else have this issue? >>Bman.Just tried that aircraft and it works ok for me.I used the bottom knobs.

Yeah, I use the bottom know to get the cursor going but then you can type in KSGF and it should be input. This is how it works on the standard garmin on the non-glass 172 cockpit.So you are telling me I have to use the knob in to select my destination ...gar... I will give it a try. However, in VC that small knob is a pain. You would think it would work like the other GPS input devices. Thanks for the reply.Bman.

Benjamin Van Eps