Sign in to follow this  
seamaster55

New Entry on p3d main site.

12 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

You told me that about MS Flight, Stan.

You told me I was going to love it. That was not true.

Your crystal ball is clearly imperfect. 😉

Sorry.  It must have been foggy that day.  The "ball" is not accurate when its foggy.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Orbx started as an Australian company based in Melbourne. Their early products were Australian regions, followed by YMML (which they charged me twice for when I bought it on release day, I must raise that with them some time…

They’ve been using developers all over the place for years now (some in-house, some selling their products on the Orbx site as partners).

The most prominent Ukrainian developer who sells through Orbx is probably Pyreegue, who are state-of-the-art when it comes to MSFS airports.

Interesting, I didn't know that.  Orbx definitely offers some fantastic scenery from very talented scenery artists all around.  I call them artists because I really see the beauty in all that they have all created, from the Global scenery to the Regional scenery, True Earth scenery as well as all those airports and even entire cities.  It is really a treat to be able to explore all of this scenery in the sim.  Without Orbx scenery, flying in P3D would be extremely dull and boring.  People that have never tried their scenery really have no idea what they are missing.

• Like 1

I did notice that LM - P3d is a sponsor again this year for Flight Sim Expo in Houston this coming June.  This would be a good opportunity for LM to showcase a new version of P3d.    

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Still using my V5.3 but most likely would wait for a subsequent V6.x based on past experience. I am sure within 24 hours the inevitable early bird YouTube review will be out. One area I would like to see LM address is an periodic update of the nav and airport data similar to what FSAerodata provided in the pre V5 versions. I would pay for that service, nothing worse than having a current chart subscription in a sim using an old database.

Gary Stewart

1 hour ago, CW46 said:

Still using my V5.3 but most likely would wait for a subsequent V6.x based on past experience. I am sure within 24 hours the inevitable early bird YouTube review will be out. One area I would like to see LM address is an periodic update of the nav and airport data similar to what FSAerodata provided in the pre V5 versions. I would pay for that service, nothing worse than having a current chart subscription in a sim using an old database.

Navigraph does this for MSFS so hopefully it can be done for later versions of P3d.  I currently keep everything updated with ADE.  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I will look at the ADE option, might be worth the while to make a suggestion on the Navigraph forum for P3D.

Gary Stewart