Sign in to follow this  
Dave_YVR

Still having injection issues with Live traffic and Learner

Happening anywhere I go but I'll use KCLT as an example as it's quite busy. PSXT starts with good connection to the sim and RealTraffic. PSXT shows live traffic in the top right as being in the 30-50 aircraft range, Realtraffic shows plenty of moving traffic on the field, yet PSXT shows live injected down in the bottom of the screen as always 0. Lots of statics, but nothing live. I have deleted the RealTraffic.ini and restarted RT, I have also cycled through the RealTraffic GUI through “Simulator in use” to Live Aircraft, exit RT, restart RT, en cycle back to PSXT. Also running the learner seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes it gets updates and other times it can sit for hours with lots of traffic yet doesn't get any updates.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

6 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Realtraffic shows plenty of moving traffic on the field, yet PSXT shows live injected down in the bottom of the screen as always 0.

That does not indicate that you have a problem.. it is the live counter in the top right part of the Gui that should not be 0.

Moving aircraft on the field are not counted at the bottom, only live aircraft that start or end at a gate. 

Do you actually see taxiing aircraft?

Make sure Show Gnd Tfc is checked in the RT Gui

Edited by kiek

35 minutes ago, kiek said:

Moving aircraft on the field are not counted at the bottom, only live aircraft that start or end at a gate. 

That is very good to know! I always though the Live on the bottom right was what was being injected into the sim. 
 Thanks again. Yes I was seeing some movement in the sim, not as much as what I see in RT but reasonably similar but very few updates at many airports. 

8 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

That is very good to know! 

There is a Manual for that... 😉

Try KBOS, KJFK, KDEN or KLAX. You should certainly see lots of updates there.

Edited by kiek

That's just it, I find it hit and miss sometimes. Lots of movement showing on real traffic, I let it run for an hour or two at EGLL during mid morning and get nothing, yet later in the day tons of updates at WSSS. 

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

That's just it, I find it hit and miss sometimes. Lots of movement showing on real traffic, I let it run for an hour or two at EGLL during mid morning and get nothing, yet later in the day tons of updates at WSSS. 

You are now talking about Learner, I guess? Do you have the same with PSXT_MSFS? You should see exactly the same updates, you know. Learner and PSXT are exactly the same with respect to learning.

12 hours ago, kiek said:

Do you have the same with PSXT_MSFS? You should see exactly the same updates, you know. Learner and PSXT are exactly the same with respect to learning.

Yes, of course with either one. I had mentioned the Learner the my original post, but sometimes I will let the sim run at an airport to observe the traffic with PSXT_MSFS and it too will have 0 updates after xx amount of time. It just seems to be inconsistent for me with this install, on my old pc build it was very solid. 

Also don't forget that if a day+airl+type+hour is already in the airport file you will not see an update. 

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1