Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

FSLTL - Aircraft stuck across runway causing FPS to tank

Hi All,

I have just started using live traffic within FSLTL (previously I just used it to populate gates) I have had a weird issue 2 days running now. I can fly my first leg and all is great, perform a turn around and head back to my original airport and as I am on short finals there appears to be multiple AI aircraft parked right across the runway around the halfway point. This causes my fps to drop right down below 15 from 60. Even trying to reset FSLTL then quitting the injector still doesn't remove the stuck aircraft and recover the fps. The only way is to restart the sim.

I am curious if anyone else has seen this and could maybe provide an insight into fixing the problem. I have had this at multiple locations so it is not related to one particular airport

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Yes. It's a known bug introduced with the last Sim Update where they tried to improve the AI and actually made it worse...

Blame Asobo for that as it controls the AI. Most likely a missing taxi link as those are in the thousands in MSFS.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Hi,

I have that with FSLTL from the beginning. Just do not perform 2 legs flight nor watching replay or you end up in this situation.

Pierre

6 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Hi All,

I have just started using live traffic within FSLTL (previously I just used it to populate gates) I have had a weird issue 2 days running now. I can fly my first leg and all is great, perform a turn around and head back to my original airport and as I am on short finals there appears to be multiple AI aircraft parked right across the runway around the halfway point. This causes my fps to drop right down below 15 from 60. Even trying to reset FSLTL then quitting the injector still doesn't remove the stuck aircraft and recover the fps. The only way is to restart the sim.

I am curious if anyone else has seen this and could maybe provide an insight into fixing the problem. I have had this at multiple locations so it is not related to one particular airport

Ah, so it is not resolved... a never ending issue.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

This from their Discord Support Channel.

Known issues we can't do anything about. 
These are issues we all are waiting for MS/Asobo to fix and are about the control of the AI traffic. All FSLTL does is inject real time aircraft and tell it to go from A to B. The sims AI system does everything in between and is responsible for:

odd behavior of AI, spinning/stuck/disappearing planes on taxiway
planes getting takeoff clearance while others on final
weird/wrong active runways in use
lot's of go-arounds/bad separation
planes in no hurry to vacate runway or never do at all
planes sometimes hovering over runway at takeoff
ugly jumping up and down while moving on ground
high speed 'drifting' through airport after landing
planes not maintaining a steady altitude
planes beginning to taxi while engines are still starting up

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Always seems to happen to me when I try to land at my home airport EGGD.  2 aircraft stuck sideways on the runway, no aircraft at the gates and framerates below 10 FPS.  As I've not had this issue at any other airport, I'm guessing that there may be an issue or conflict with UK2000 EGGD (may be a missing taxi link as referred to above).

The same issue ocurred using Simple Traffic, which I was using befóre FSLTL came along, though didn't seem to happen using default traffic from what I can remember.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I have not had any issues with the Pilot Plus version of EGGD but Asobo make such a mess of AI its hard to say if its airport related or simply another Asobo problem. 

Thanks for the replies guys,

Maybe I will just use FSLTL to populate the gates then as I did previously 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I’ve had this issue at EGLL a number of times. 

Departing Heathrow to another European city, turn the aircraft around and fly back to Heathrow, suddenly FPS drop through the gutter (down to below 10fps) and I discover a load of AI aircraft all blended together on the runway. Stopping FSLTL doesn’t remove it. 

If MSFS can’t handle back to back flights with traffic then it puts a massive question mark over the credibility of the whole sim. This is something that has to be addressed. 

Edited by BWBriscoe

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti