Sign in to follow this  
Chalkman

Van Nuys KVNY

I was flying around in FSX today, KLAX - KVNY area and noticed how nice and realistic Van Nuys is. If anyone here owns the DVD 16 Right, you may know what I mean. For those of you who have yet to check the airport out in the sim, I suggest you go fly into it. It is great for both heavies and GA aircraft as well. My question is this...has anyone designed scenery for this area that might further improve this great airport? The highway that runs under the runway, looks pretty dismal imo due to the landclass and runway texture join. I just cant help but think this would be or have been a great project for the flytampa squad, or someone else. Just thought I would ask..Danon -

Yep, it is a pretty decent depiction. Although I've never flown out of there in real life, I used to play golf right across the street from it all the time, and was pleased with the way it looked in FSX. Planes come is so close I swear I could hit them with a 9-iron :DMegascenery X So-cal should cover it nicely coming out sep 6th. Maybe now I'll be able to see the golf course below when I fly out of there.

There is a high resolution texture bu Gotfried (Freeware) of the Van Nuys area for FS9. IT also works in FSX with some minor issues.http://www.blueskyscenery.com/download.htmlUntil the tile Megascenery X So Cal comes out.Yeah..Van Nuys would be a great area for Add on vendors.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

thanks for the replys, Ill check out both of those. Does autogen still work on top of photo scenery like Megascenery?? Or do you turn all autogen and buildings off?? Thanks.Danon o.

Guest ryebred

Auto gen works on top of Megascenery and enhances the almost 3d appearing textures below

So do you mean you could hit them with a ball that you've hit with your nine iron, or perhaps did you mean you would actually chuck your nine iron at the plane? (I don't know WHY you'd do that, but I just got to wondering ;-) ).Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Lol. Yeah, I've seen that one too. In same cases the club goes farther than the ball! Actually there was a crash landing there once as I recall, but it wasn't because of some duffers ball or club. :D