Sign in to follow this  
STK

Bendix King KLN90B Coming Soon

Reference post 102 with screenshot: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tu-134-by-kai-31/389415/106

A standalone (3d model and code base) KLN90B GPS is coming soon for developers to use in their aircraft projects.

From my understanding, one of the authors was the one who made the full fidelity module some may have used in FSX/P3D. So...watch that space or reach out to the author. 

• Like 3

I'm not really missing KLN90B! I flown with it for quite a while. Was happy when fleet converted to GNS430 LOL 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

In the land of moving maps, I would welcome a text based anything. I remember using a loran in the late 90s. Fun times.

4 minutes ago, Sticky said:

In the land of moving maps, I would welcome a text based anything. I remember using a loran in the late 90s. Fun times.

ceiling down to 200 AGl with ILS out of service - good luck with text anything lol

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Oh, I remember this beastie in the Aerosoft Catalina in FSX/P3D - it was quite fun!  But not easy and intuitive like the modern units.  Anyway if visibility got too bad I could just land in the sea.

• Like 1

Would be nice in a Tu-154 🙂

Anyone remember Project Tupolev? 

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Hi,

Good news, Canso PBY-5A can in the futur have his KLN90B inside 😉

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

Looks good, remember using one of these made by SimAvionics in the Just Flight BN-2 Islander in FSX and enjoyed it. Would like to see this or something similar in the upcoming Pilot's Dash 7 and also be great with PMDG DC-6.

Edited by gazpatt

I don't know who has give my project (Canso PBY-5A and 6) but thanks you for the publicity 😇

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

7 hours ago, gazpatt said:

This is available now, would like to see it in the PMDG DC-6 or upcoming Pilot's Dash 7.

https://msfsaddons.com/2023/05/29/the-return-of-a-classic-bendix-king-kln90b-gps-now-available-for-msfs-aircraft-developers/

It appears that the Dash 7 used the KLN 900, not the 90B. There are only tiny differences compared to the 90B, so it would certainly be possible to create that device as well. However, I would first like to make sure the 90B works bug free and see if there is actually any demand from aircraft authors, before starting with the 900.

• Like 1