Sign in to follow this  
shally17

Two Add On locations

Hello All,

As a relative newcomer to MSFS2020, I hope this is not a stupid question. I installed MSFS2020 on a different drive to Windows 10 and as a result I think I have inadvertently created two package folders with add on installations in both. I have one at C:\Users\Stephen\AppData\Local\Packages and one at F:\MSFS2020Packages\Community. Is this a problem?

Regards,

Stephen Shallcross.

28 minutes ago, shally17 said:

I have one at C:\Users\Stephen\AppData\Local\Packages and one at F:\MSFS2020Packages\Community. Is this a problem?

I think you are OK.   There is always a "stub" in the AppData folder, but the real action is likely on your F drive.

Have a good look. On my system, the C drive leads to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache, where the last folder is actually a link to my MSFS drive.

• Like 1

Bert

Yeah like Bert said that looks normal. The F drive will have to be big one if you start buying or downloading free (flightsim.to) planes, scenery, and other good stuff !

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Thanks for the replies guys. That makes 3 folders I have. Just wondering which one I should point to when entering the folder location for Data in the settings.

Edited by shally17
Extra content

46 minutes ago, shally17 said:

Thanks for the replies guys. That makes 3 folders I have. Just wondering which one I should point to when entering the folder location for Data in the settings.

If it is like mine, you can enter the C drive location and it will link to your F drive.

Check the UserCfg.opt file (in the LocalCache folder).. last line should tell you where MSFS believes the Packages folder is located.

Bert

5 hours ago, shally17 said:

Which program can be used to open a *.opt file?

Any text editor. Notepad, Notepad ++, etc.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe