Sign in to follow this  
brucets

The FEX website is up!

:) :) :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Xiderpunk

Hehe wow news travels extremely fast! Thanks Vox!

You know, I don't see one mention of the weather generator, that was promised to go along with it a while back when this was first announced anywhere on this website? Did I miss something? Or is that going to be a whole separate addon? If so, that wasn't the impression that was given back then!Edit: Ah I found it, it's the new environmental simulator. It also says though, it will not be ready on initial release, but a free upgrade will be offered of a lite version which includes a weather generator. The full payware version will have additional features!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Xiderpunk

The weather engine is perhaps not mentioned strongly enough, no change in plans though :-) It's on the features page towards the bottom.

Guest Hocking

This program really sounds incredible. It sounds as if they are building a simulator inside of a simulator. They could really create some interesting things with their "Environment Simulator". I have really been waiting for this program for a few months. Getting really excited about it now.

That brings up a question. When FEX was announced here a while back the impression was made that it's textures couldn't be used with existing weather engines such as ASV6.5, ASX or default, due to the way it's own engine worked. If the Environment Sim is not going to be ready at point of initial release, how then can these textures be used until it is?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Xiderpunk

There is no incompatability as such between FEX and ASX, the only issue is ASX if using the install weather influenced texture feature then it could overwrite the FEX textures. This may sound like a drawback however it really isn't the case, as an example lets take a storm:1. First start ASX and assess the weather you will be flying in.2. Start FEX and select a theme such as one of the many storm themes and install, alternatively go into the design mode and adjust the theme to how you see fit.3. Start FSX4. Enjoy the result of steps 1-3 :-).One further point, XGraphics has a nice feature to enable installing only selected textures, I make no apologies for doing the same in FEX. This is in the interest of people who have both FEX and Xgraphics to allow you to make your own choices as to which to use. In other words you could in effect select FEX clouds and water with a Xgraphic sky if you so wanted.

Guest Xiderpunk

Why thank you! Yes Pete and I are really really pleased with it, it is much better than we anticipated actually. Although neither of us can take any credit. It was down to my extremely patient and long suffering wife who did the FEX logo and website design and our collegue Steve who put in many long hours to do all the flash work.:-)Incidentally, your website is far from shabby itself! I have long admired it!

Guest cliffie1931

I currently use "X Graphics", Would there be a problem in installing "Flight Environment" also?If that presents no problem would I consequently be ablw to chose which of the two I could use?Cliff

Guest Xiderpunk

No problem what so ever :-) Basically both applications, FEX and XGraphics have options to turn off/on textures that are installed when you click the install button so both can co-exist. Example would be FEX clouds and water with XGraphics skies.

Yes, but if I'm correct, only the XG textures can be automatically installed from within ASX. At all times, no matter the texture selections, FEX will have to be manually chosen and installed.Question: What is the difference between the lite and full versions of your weather engine? Full feature lists of each would be nice so I can compare them to current ASX functionality.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Xiderpunk

Your correct in saying that FEX will require manual selection, but really this is just a matter of a couple of mouse clicks. All themes are categorized so it is a case of dropping down a selection box to the category of textures for a weather condition and selecting a theme to installing.Furthermore, the weather specific themes are just that.. frontal textures with grey cloud bottoms and defined puffy tops, storm themes with very grey moisture laden clouds and dense nimbo-stratus, as examples. All available in HD.At the time of release we will also announce a full feature list that our Environment Simulator (Lite version) will include. :-)