Sign in to follow this  
Jocko Flocko

Of All The Developers I miss in MSFS...

RealAir Simulations is at the top. They produced some of the highest quality GA aircraft for FSX and P3D that I ever flew; they certainly made their mark while they were here. I don't know why, but I still have yet to get the same "feeling" of power as I did with the RealAir Turbine Duke, that plane was incredible. This isn't a shot at any developer at all, you guys rock, but it just seems in the GA market there's a very high percentage of small G3X cockpit based aircraft with no originality or attention to detail that keep getting released. All the excellent ones that have been released for MSFS I've purchased them, the ATSimulations Focke-Wulf P149 is a perfect example of the type of attention to detail I'm referring to. I really do miss the RealAir product line. 🙂

• Like 14

Andrew Walker

1 hour ago, Jocko Flocko said:

RealAir Simulations is at the top.

I agree, RealAir was second to none, in its day..

However, MSFS has a lot of nice GA aircraft to offer, starting with the Rob Young Turbo Bonanza... that is the RealAir touch applied to a very nice airplane.

Secondly, I would mention the Flysimware C414 that shows every bit as much attention to detail as the RealAir Dukes..

And lastly, my personal favorite go-to airplane, the Simworks Studios RV14, equipped with the TDS GTN750 and my cleaned up WT G3X.. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghxjukmm6hsaj0u/sws-aircraft-vansrv14-tdsgtnxi.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxhqsvd2pgs3yfn/WT AJP G3X.zip?dl=0

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Bert

3 minutes ago, spinoza said:

Dreamfleet.

They started it all, then came Flight1, then RealAir, then a2a.. 🙂

• Like 5

Bert

And... HiFi Simulation Technologies ...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

46 minutes ago, spinoza said:

Dreamfleet.

This. Game changing products for me, back in the day. God I loved that 737 classic and Archer.

What ever happened to Lou Betti?

• Like 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Don't even get me started about how much I miss the RealAir Scout, Citabria and Decathlon.  They flew so beautifully that they made me fall in love with the design and lines of each one, to the point that even today I think they are the most exquisite and desirable aircraft ever produced. I flew them exclusively around the PNW for over a year.

The various tandem taildraggers in MSFS don't hold a candle.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

2 hours ago, Jocko Flocko said:

RealAir Turbine Duke

I  was looking for something similar as I too loved the Duke, I ended up purchasing Flysimware's C414 Chancellor, glad I did, that along with TDS GTN750Xi, is the perfect combination if you ask me.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 3

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

RealAir

The Lancair Legacy was my go to aircraft for years. It could do it all, without you having to spend 95% of your time coding a new operating system for the government and flew like a dream. 

• Like 4

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

And FSLabs - the best commercial airliner in 21st century. I hope they would find their way into MSFS eventually, unless P3Dv6 brings something really breathtaking. MSFS with all its SU is still about visuals. 

• Like 6

It was Rob Young's early adaptations of the default aircraft in Fly! that really got me back into simming.  Everything else didn't feel right - it was also why I stopped using all versions of MSFS.  The available aircraft just didn't hold a candle to the realistic response and handling I felt with Rob's aircraft and mods.  In Fly! I also reveled in his original Citabria & Decathlon.

Later, I watched Rob finally move over to begin producing for MSFS - I was sorry to see him go, but there were certainly marketing realities that made it appropriate.

• Like 1

Randall Rocke

[Controversy mode on]

The O.G. PMDG.
Both their 737 and 747 in FS9 were innovative and exciting airliners, blowing everything else out of the water...
I miss those days.

[/Controversy mode off]

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I miss A2A. Thankfully, one of their GAs is coming soon.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

LevelD 767. My perception of flighsimmimg was born.

Same.  Flew more hours in it I think I did in all of the other aircraft I owned at the time combined.  Also was one of the 1st I ever painted.

I have to say for FS2004, this UPS I painted looks pretty good for its day.  😉

fQdumh.jpg

And of course...the AA that I converted Ed's stunning metal textures from the POSKY 767, to the LDS 767.

0olq8r.jpg

Still my highest downloaded livery of all time with over 17,000 downloads here at Avsim alone (she was reuploaded to several other sites back in the day...last time I cared to count she was over 30,000 downloads at the combined sites I could find)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg