Sign in to follow this  
Stockers75

Gen:Variant.Tedy.2633 error when trying to install

Hi.  When installing the latest PSXT for P3D Bitdefender stops it and gives the following error:-

"The file E:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\PSXT_P3D\is-VSBUF.tmp has been detected as infected with Gen:Variant.Tedy.263346 and Bitdefender could not clean this item".

Any advice?  Thanks

That does not look like a file from me.

Otherwise see FAQ #36

Edited by kiek

Something isn't right.  Through Windows I cannot download the PSXT for P3D but I can download the MSFS version.  I can download both on my phone.

I downloaded through the phone and managed to extract the zip file and tried to install but I get another Bitdefender error:-

C:\PSXT_P3D\unins000.dat is infected with Gen:Variant.Tedy.263346

Also this:-

We blocked this dangerous page for your protection: https://www.lekseecon.nl/downloads/psxt/setup_PSXT_P3D_v34.4.0.zip Threat name: Gen:Variant.Tedy.263346

It's occurring on installation of the software.  Any ideas?

Edited by Stockers75

9 minutes ago, Stockers75 said:

It's occurring on installation of the software.  Any ideas?

Did you read the FAQ #36 and did you check the MD5 file checksum (you better re-download first, to be sure that you compare it with the right checksum).

If they are the same. Just neglect the alert. It is most likely a false positive, as always in the last 7 years.

Edited by kiek

Both the same.  Installed and then came up with an error:-

Createfile failed; code 5

Access is denied

When I pressed ok it said setup failed, rolling back changes.

I don't have any issues like the above when installing other software.

Edited by Stockers75

4 hours ago, Stockers75 said:

Both the same.  Installed and then came up with an error:-

Createfile failed; code 5

Access is denied

When I pressed ok it said setup failed, rolling back changes.

I don't have any issues like the above when installing other software.

But it still is an issue at your end. There are hundreds of downloaders without problems.

Is your MS Defender up to date? Is your Windows version fully updated?

Hi kiek,

Just to inform I have exactly the same problem as Stockers75. I am also using Bitdefender. Both Windows and MS Defender are fully up to date. 

Thank you

Todd

Todd (Yokohama, Japan).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, MSFS Premium Deluxe, Intel i9-13900KF 5.80Ghz, MSI Nvidia RTX 4080 16Gb, 1Tb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2, 2Tb Intel NVMe M.2, 960 Gb Western Digital SSD, 4Tb Western Digital HDD, Intel Z790 mobo, 32Gb DDR5-4800 RAM, Win 11 Home 64-bit, LG Ultragear 34” monitor, Logicool Flight Yoke System.

26 minutes ago, tomcat66 said:

Hi kiek,

Just to inform I have exactly the same problem as Stockers75. I am also using Bitdefender. Both Windows and MS Defender are fully up to date. 

Thank you

Todd

Hi Todd,

Same answer to you, a 'false negative' Bitdefender is not 100% perfect.. FAQ #36

Nico

Edited by kiek

Thank you Nico,

I have reported this as being a False Positive to Bitdefender. Until recently I had been using ESET that never had the same issue. Hopefully Bitdefender can fix the problem on their side.

Todd 

Todd (Yokohama, Japan).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, MSFS Premium Deluxe, Intel i9-13900KF 5.80Ghz, MSI Nvidia RTX 4080 16Gb, 1Tb Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2, 2Tb Intel NVMe M.2, 960 Gb Western Digital SSD, 4Tb Western Digital HDD, Intel Z790 mobo, 32Gb DDR5-4800 RAM, Win 11 Home 64-bit, LG Ultragear 34” monitor, Logicool Flight Yoke System.

20 hours ago, Stockers75 said:

Mine installed ok in the end.

Stockers75

Whilst I am waiting for Bitdefender to check the False Positive, can I ask how you downloaded the file and got it to install?

Thank you

Todd  

Todd (Yokohama, Japan).