Sign in to follow this  
Kajo737

historical traffic with live weather

Hi community,

I tested the historical traffic feature with psxt and real traffic in MSFS. It worked very well but the weather was also changed to historical data. In my case I had a flight at Februar 14th 10pm and I selected the traffic injection to February 10th 1pm.

My question: Is it possible to inject the historical traffic without the historical METAR / weather data? Because I usually fly with live weather and I don't want to setup world weather manually.

Many thanks in advance!

Kajo

My understanding is that using Live Weather in MSFS always uses the weather at the current time, regardless of the time of day that you set. I don't believe there is a historical weather option, either natively or 3rd party.

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

My understanding is that using Live Weather in MSFS always uses the weather at the current time, regardless of the time of day that you set. I don't believe there is a historical weather option, either natively or 3rd party.

That's right.

3 hours ago, Kajo737 said:

My question: Is it possible to inject the historical traffic without the historical METAR / weather data?

That's what already is happening...

It is not even possible to inject weather in MSFS. The weather functions in Simconnect for MSFS are deprecated. 

Many thanks for your answers!

Just one last example: When injecting historical traffic of January 1st with „historical“ wind direction of 270 but playing with today (February 15th) live wind coming from 090, will  historical aircrafts land in direction of 270 or 090? Do they know the live data in MSFS or do they land according the old historical wind data?

Hopefully, you understand my question 🙂

BR, Kajo

First, I'm assuming you have a professional RT license? If I'm not mistaken, that's the only way to get historical flights on PSXT/RT.

If you are truly running RT on a day/time in the past, it's showing you what took place at that time. Consequently, traffic will be shown behaving as it did at that time and date, not reflecting the current weather conditions in the sim.

PSXT/RT do not inject traffic that the sim then controls. RT provides the data and PSXT injects the objects and moves them within the sim, following the paths those planes flew. That's the beauty of PSXT, as it doesn't rely at all on the sim's wonky AI and also shows you true to life patterns and spacing as per the weather conditions that occurred on a specific day/time.

@Kajo737270.

In addition to @mmcmah correctly says, psxt's aircraft cross land and cross takeoff in heavy crosswinds too. That's not because of the winds in your sim, but they are aligned according to  the true heading in the RealTraffic data.

Edited by kiek

Historic traffic btw is great with RT.  I really like how it integrates with MSFS so you don't have to manually calculate time offset in RT. 

• Like 1