Sign in to follow this  
superspud

flightsim.to premium

6 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Wow!  The ATR community project was deleted by the author, and flightsim.to have put it back up listing themselves as the author!  :ohmy:

https://flightsim.to/file/12249/atr-72-600-community-version

I don't have enough information to decide what to think about that...  At the moment.  :unsure:

Wow... makes you wonder...

I removed also my files done with the whole stuff makes all the fun out of making freeware... prefer the old ways 🙂

Edited by virtualstuff
  • Like 2

André

What's really mind blowing is the dev carried on uploading there. If that was pulled on me I would've tossed my cookies higher than the troposphere. 

I thought this might amicably be resolved but this is an indication it will not. It is shameful and serves no purpose for fs.to. going forward. Guess I'll do a wholesale download of my downloads as a backup. Very disappointed to see this happening.

• Like 1

Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi  i9900K, 64gb memory, 3070ti

Building: X670 Aorus Elite AX, X9750x3d, GSkill DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96 32gb, Gibabyte 3070ti, Noctua NH D15

It's actually impressive how badly the .to administrators have handled this.

It sounds like they could have worked this out if they were willing to open a dialogue with various uploaders/creators, but they somehow decided that the best approach was to make the PR nightmare even worse by re-uploading something that had been removed from the site, without even an attempt at explaining why they did so.

We dont really have proper sources for this, it MIGHT be an agreement beetween the authors and FS.TO. We dont kn ow for sure, unless the original author has spoken somewhere i dont know about. And it isnt recent, back in July, they already had their name on it. (source:waybackmachine)

Edited by leprechaunlive
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

We dont really have proper sources for this, it MIGHT be an agreement beetween the authors and FS.TO. We dont kn ow for sure, unless the original author has spoken somewhere i dont know about. And it isnt recent, back in July, they already had their name on it. (source:waybackmachine)

Yes, but people in here love to jump to conclusions based on speculation alone. It’s an Avsim hallmark.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

7 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Image 4 in this selection is, or was, the creator's view - 

TLDR - Unimpressed. 

5 minutes ago, superspud said:

TLDR - Unimpressed. 

ok, this is bad lol. Poop certainly seems to be pilling up. About to reach the fan, take cover!

Edited by leprechaunlive

Althought, to be fair, on that Discord screenshot, theres a reference to FsAdni being in the credits, but as far as i can see, he never went anywhere near an ATR. So thats weird. Too shady with these blacked out names. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Going on the number of files they host it's clearly a super rare occurrence.

I guess aircraft are a lot more likely because there are so few of them, especially anything passenger ish. I don't think our coffee cup makers have much to fret about. 

And I hadn't noticed that bit so it could all be bilge. Since I think the ATR was a conversion from someone else's work I don't how that poster could sell anything and the original uploader offloaded the code onto Github so might have renounced it completely. 

Edited by superspud

18 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

And I thought Twitter self imploded quickly.

well, I use twitter everyday so it seems to me to be still here, as some millions of users minus your usual drama queens who flew to mastodon before coming back 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

58 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

And I thought Twitter self imploded quickly.

Only a matter of time before that dude implodes spectacularly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Wow!  The ATR community project was deleted by the author, and flightsim.to have put it back up listing themselves as the author!  :ohmy:

https://flightsim.to/file/12249/atr-72-600-community-version

I don't have enough information to decide what to think about that...  At the moment.  :unsure:

2 hours ago, virtualstuff said:

Wow... makes you wonder...

I removed also my files done with the whole stuff makes all the fun out of making freeware... prefer the old ways 🙂

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

1 hour ago, superspud said:

TLDR - Unimpressed. 

Flightsim.to's TOS allow them to upload creator content to their own account as per the following clause (my emphasis in bold) :

(4.7) If you decide to end this Agreement with us, to close or delete your User account, or if we discontinue your access to the Website, Flightsim.to will either archive your User Content, or, in Flightsim.to's sole discretion and based on its legitimate interest, transfer your User Content to an account set up by Flightsim.to if you decided to close or delete your User account. If your account is deleted, deactivated or suspended, this will not affect or terminate the licenses you have granted. 

I don't care that other popular and prominent content hosting websites have similar TOS, it is for all intents and purposes the same as IP theft.
Hosting sites know that they can get away with it, as nearly every single content provider won't have the means to challenge this legally.

"BuT yOu ShOuLd HaVe ReAd ThE tErMs AnD cOnDitTiOnS bEfOrE uPlOaDiNg..." is a rubbish argument. It should not excuse ripping the rights away from the creators of freely-made content.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter