Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

ENGM by ORBX and other stuff

ORBX just released this marvelous airport, a development of which I had been tracking since it's outset. To my greatest disappointment, the transponder's policy in ENGM is OFF on the ground and some RT+PSXT tests just confirmed it. Hence, there is no use for me. 

So,,,here is the question/request. Since it's PSXT that moves AI planes in MSFS, is it possible to include 'fake" taxi movements in and from the random gate, at least for the RT historical mode. 

Thank you very much. 

37 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

To my greatest disappointment, the transponder's policy in ENGM is OFF on the ground and some RT+PSXT tests just confirmed it. 

Are you sure? I've flown in P3D to ENGM many times and PSXT showed live trafic to/from gates. That was in 2019, but I don't think they have changed policy.

In \PSXT_MSFS\airports_archive\thirdparty\JustSim\ENGM.xml you will see many real='true" parking positions, so there really is gnd traffic over there.
Are you sure Show GND TFC was checked in RT?

37 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

So,,,here is the question/request. Since it's PSXT that moves AI planes in MSFS, is it possible to include 'fake" taxi movements in and from the random gate, at least for the RT historical mode. 

No, that's not possible.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 4:32 PM, kiek said:

Are you sure? I've flown in P3D to ENGM many times and PSXT showed live trafic to/from gates. That was in 2019, but I don't think they have changed policy.

In \PSXT_MSFS\airports_archive\thirdparty\JustSim\ENGM.xml you will see many real='true" parking positions, so there really is gnd traffic over there.
Are you sure Show GND TFC was checked in RT?

Yes, I have GND TFC enabled in RT.

This is what also noticed. 

If either RT is operating in the Historic Mode, then I have a situation with disappearing ground (taxiing) AI traffic as I descried above. Once I have RT switched to Real-Time mode, ground traffic is fully present. I don't know what causes this distortion. 

So...the question is whether it might be a problem with RT that does not generate historic AI movements correctly in ENGM

Edited by G-YMML1

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

So...the question is whether it might be a problem with RT that does not generate historic AI movements correctly in ENGM

Sometimes RT has hick ups. If you do not have GND tfc try FAQ #10. Deleting the .ini and restarting RT often gives you GND TFC back.

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

Sometimes RT has hick ups. If you do not have GND tfc try FAQ #10. Deleting the .ini and restarting RT often gives you GND TFC back.

Yeah, when these hick ups occur, they affect ALL airports. Now, ENGM is the only airport that does not show ground traffic in Historic Mode.

Here is a fully-learned ORBX ENGM airport file, containing data for almost a week of traffic:

https://www.filemail.com/d/iicbkgmbbnskbyl (available for 7 days only, will soon be included in the PSXT installation).

There is also Flightbeam's KDEN new v1.1 with Concourse B in the package, in case anyone is interested in it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, eddl said:

Here is a fully-learned ORBX ENGM airport file, containing data for almost a week of traffic:

https://www.filemail.com/d/iicbkgmbbnskbyl (available for 7 days only, will soon be included in the PSXT installation).

There is also Flightbeam's KDEN new v1.1 with Concourse B in the package, in case anyone is interested in it.

Thanks! I don't understand however how it's possible that some users have 100% "real" gates, and others, like myself, have 50/50 split between real and false at the same airports. Does geographic location of users matter? 

I don't really understand.

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

Thanks! I don't understand however how it's possible that some users have 100% "real" gates, and others, like myself, have 50/50 split between real and false at the same airports. Does geographic location of users matter? 

Actually I had 90% false and 10% true due to ADS-B policy on ground. But I used several instances for different days at the same time and merged them all. Not what the usual user would do.

• Like 2

I would like to add that all false flights in the airport file get automatically deleted once you have enough true flights to fill the required parking spots. So my false flights don't show up in the file due to the amount of true flights.

On 2/22/2023 at 4:04 PM, G-YMML1 said:

It is just a matter of learning time. When you do it long enough, more and more false flights will be replaced by true flights. After enough time, there will be no false flights left.