Sign in to follow this  
Emile

FSX SP1 Fatal Error

Hello,3 times out of 10 , when I close FSX normally and long (5 to 10 seconds) after the FSX window is gone from my monitor (Main window and at the bottom of my window) I receive a popup "A fatal error occured" see attached screnshots.Of course I send the report to Microsoft BUT does it helps?Does someone knows the reason for the fatal error and how to avoid this situation?Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest baksteen33

Hi Emile, '3d' indicates it's something OS/GPU driver related as far as I would dare to judge. If it was FSX, you'ld be getting sim1.dll errors and alike. Maybe (re-)install the latest DX runtimes? Hope this adds to thoughts, kind regards Jaap

HI Emile, I get a similar error on exit too, but mine involves UI.DLLI posted about it here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=412362&page=2As Japp stated, yours sounds DX or GPU related. Hope you find a solution soon. Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.3GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 7.1's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals - Saitek Throttle

Regards, Kendall

Whenever I closed FSX in Full screen mode, I would almost always get that error. I found that if you switch to windows mode and then close FSX, I don't get any error message. Bill

Hello,I only "fly" in window mode.I'll wait for the next version of DirectX and see.Thanks

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64