Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Left eye surgery very successful!

@n4gix, glad it’s gone well for you. I’m under the knife next Friday. Left eye hopefully followed a couple of months later by the right.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 hours ago, n4gix said:

I wonder how long it will take me to quit reaching for my glasses, and to stop reaching for the bridge to "adjust" my non-existent glasses! 🤪

Took me a few weeks. for sure Bill. Same as when I quit smoking, always reaching for the pocket. Glad it's worked out. I'm back to using glasses again but I had mine done 20 years ago.

@Ray Proudfoot best of luck to you . The results are well worth the effort.

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@n4gix, glad it’s gone well for you. I’m under the knife next Friday. Left eye hopefully followed a couple of months later by the right.

Thanks, Ray. I'll keep your surgery in my daily prayers. I'm sure the outcome will be positive!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just now, n4gix said:

Thanks, Ray. I'll keep your surgery in my daily prayers. I'm sure the outcome will be positive!

That’s very kind of you Fr. Bill. 👏

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just checked  the weather report for  tornadoes where Father Bill lives. Please check in Father when possible  .Hope you are ok.

• Upvote 2

Not looking good, Bill!  Hang on to something!  🌪️

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

21 hours ago, Paul Deluca said:

Just checked  the weather report for  tornadoes where Father Bill lives. Please check in Father when possible  .Hope you are ok.

Although we have had quite a bit of severe weather these past few weeks, no tornados have struck anywhere near us here in Hot Springs, AR. The latest one near Little Rock was around 40 miles northeast of me, thankfully. 

I've spent quite a bit of time as an active "Sky Warn" station, where I monitor the storms and pass along reports to the National Weather Service as received via both my ham radios and various GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) stations.

I had to drive to Arkadelphia last Thursday and on the way home I noticed that I was just slightly ahead of a major storm creeping up behind me. The storm "broke" just as I parked my car and I got soaked to the skin as I made a dash to my front porch... 🤨

• Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

On 3/26/2023 at 1:27 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

That’s very kind of you Fr. Bill. 👏

Be sure to wear sunglasses whenever the sun is bright. Until your eye completely heals and grows accustomed to the additional light entering in, it can be a bit painful and bring about a headache!

Fr. Bill    

15 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Be sure to wear sunglasses whenever the sun is bright. Until your eye completely heals and grows accustomed to the additional light entering in, it can be a bit painful and bring about a headache!

That was very obvious this morning in my lounge facing SE with the sun shining. Difficult to read my iPad as the light was so bright.

Might try a walk tomorrow. Grit in eye syndrome is much reduced. 👍

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That was very obvious this morning in my lounge facing SE with the sun shining. Difficult to read my iPad as the light was so bright.

Might try a walk tomorrow. Grit in eye syndrome is much reduced. 👍

My cottage has one "great room" that serves as the living room, dining room, and kitchen. Overhead lighting is a series of six recessed lights for the living/dining room, and three recessed lights for the kitchen. Both have dimmable lighting controls. I only turn on the three kitchen overhead lights, and even so keep them as dim as possible to keep from hurting my eyes!

My biggest "challenge" is actually getting the eye drops into my eyes. I've found that if I lay down across the bed, I can manage to get the drops into my eyes (mostly). I still have a tiny bit of "grit in eye syndrome. I go back in three weeks for a final checkup and will likely give me a prescription for new glasses at that time.

Fr. Bill    

@n4gix, you had your op back in February. I’m surprised you’re still needing to use eye drops. I need to apply them 4 times a day for 4 weeks. But even this evening my vision has improved remarkably. I’ve just watched a 4K HDR film and for the first time I can really see what the fuss is about. Closing one eye then the other shows a big difference in contrast. There’s no pain now looking at bright things but I’ll have a better idea when I go for a walk either tomorrow or Monday.

I have a reclining sofa so can extend it to make the angle easier to use the eye dropper. Lying on a bed should make it easy. The advice given to me is to pull down beneath my eye then apply a drop then push upwards to cover the eye with the fluid.

Good luck!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@n4gix, watching BBC News I see there are severe storms in Arkansas where you live. I hope you stay safe.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@n4gix, watching BBC News I see there are severe storms in Arkansas where you live. I hope you stay safe.

We've had some severe weather (mostly torrential rain) for the past few weeks. So far, all of the tornadoes have skirted around us. Lots of lightning and thunder along with the rain of course.  Thanks for the kind hopes!

Both of my IOL kits included two vials, one antibiotic and the other artificial tears. I was instructed to apply them four times per day for the first week, then twice a day until they were empty. My left eye is now on the twice a day of course, and the right eye has another few days to use four times a day. I had to use a Sharpie pen to label the vials so I could more easily keep them sorted out... 😄

Fr. Bill    

28 minutes ago, n4gix said:

I had to use a Sharpie pen to label the vials so I could more easily keep them sorted out... 😄

Aw, Bill you have me all set up for a great joke but I can't do it here for obvious reasons! 🤣

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: