Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Left eye surgery very successful!

Paul, I didn’t do any research other than watch a video on YT on what the procedure is. I placed my trust in the professionals. I hope things work out for you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 hours ago, Paul Deluca said:

With Startpage or other search engines, type in  Oxysterol.

I did just that and found several articles with disappointing results...

My surgeries were done using a very mild anesthetic. My follow-up consists of an antibiotic to prevent infections, and artificial tears to keep the eyes moist.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello Father Sorry you were  disapointed regarding your search. Youtube has a video about oxysterol for cataracts.My mistake was not telling you about adding cataracts with oxysterol in your search  Sorry.

Edited by Paul Deluca

6 hours ago, n4gix said:

I did just that and found several articles with disappointing results...

My surgeries were done using a very mild anesthetic. My follow-up consists of an antibiotic to prevent infections, and artificial tears to keep the eyes moist.

Obviously, things are different in different countries! I had a full anaesthetic knock out for about 10 minutes while they injected a local  (presumably into my eye socket, ugghh). Then went and had the surgery as soon as I came round.

Can't remember the follow up regime, though. Too long ago.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

15 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

I had a full anaesthetic knock out for about 10 minutes while they injected a local  (presumably into my eye socket, ugghh).

They inserted a small catheter in my left inner elbow, and then ran a small amount of saline solution, followed some small amount of general anesthetic IM into the same port. I can only surmise that advances in surgical techniques may explain the differences in procedure.

Fr. Bill    

On 4/16/2023 at 6:42 PM, Paul Deluca said:

Hello Father Sorry you were  disappointed regarding your search.

No problem, Paul! Hopefully this approach will prove to be fruitful, and the FDA will eventually give it their stamp of approval.

Fr. Bill    

On 3/16/2023 at 12:13 PM, SierraDelta said:

I'll be 71 in May and I'm scheduled to have both eyes done on 6. April.

A recent visit to my optician revealed that I had early stages of cataract in both eyes and there was really no change required for the prescriptive lenses since my previous visit. Even though the cataract has no serious influence on my eyesight yet ...

I'm quoting myself here to show how wrong I was 🙂 about the cataract. The original 6 April appointment had to be cancelled the evening before since the clinic discovered that one of the lenses they'd received was not correct.

So yesterday morning I had both eyes done and as it turned out the cataract had indeed affected me more than I thought. My view of the world went from dull pastel colours to vibrant oil painting - truly amazing. And although it'll probably take a few days more before the brain has adjusted to the new situation, my long-distance, mid and near vision is razor sharp. Only close-up, like reading on the phone etc., will probably need some help - we'll see.

I'm perfectly happy.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

4 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

My view of the world went from dull pastel colours to vibrant oil painting - truly amazing.

^^^^^^ This! I had my eyes done several weeks apart, so I was easily able to fully appreciate the spectacular changes in my vision, by simply comparing the differences between my left (fixed) and right (not fixed) eyesight.

Honestly, it was as dramatic as the change from Black and White television to full Color!

Another major benefit from the operations was the elimination of my severe astigmatism. 

• Like 1

Fr. Bill