Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hocking

Wilco/Feelthere Airbus Forum "Locked" - Comments??

Wilco/Feelthere Airbus Forum "Locked"Which is not surprising considering there products often have many major flaws and issues. I learned a while back not to purchase Wilco products even though many users feel good about them. Anyone else have comments?Tony

IMO, anytime technical problems etc. are diverted from a forum to e-mail addresses or problem report forms it is to mask the problems from being "viewed" by others.Not a good idea ... IMO

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I own several Feelthere (Wilco Pub) products and enjoy them. However, the contractual arrangement between the two (Wilco and Feelthere) is bizarre relative to support. The Feelthere support forum does not officially support the CitationX, but there is a "Non Official, Non Technical" forum that does allow customers to pose questions. Many are technical and supporting. I feel like an illegitimate child at a family reunion. I know I'm suppose to be there, I just don't know where to sit. (post). LOL. I have used the email support form and remember job applications that had fewer question. It does work, but the response time is days not hours. My biggest objection is that many times the customer is not sure what the question should be and the send/answer cycle can take weeks. In my opinion Wilco's customer service is NOT competitive relative to other vendors and I will not purchase any additional products from either.Bob..

Wilco/FeelThere has a great potential, but seems to be turning into an "Ariane-type" developer.They constantly shoot themselves in the foot by prematurely releasing add-ons with very trivial and obvious bugs that could've been caught in ONE test flight. Their add-ons are flyable and enjoyable - some time after SP3. The closing of the forum was just a logical consequence.Without a forum it is impossible for me to get user-submitted feedback and to cross-check for common problems.They lost me as a customer. The locking of the forum was just the last straw. Pat

Guest JIMJAM

Some people accept the, be glad you got it, ask nice and we might fix it,complain and we will not,shut up and enjoy it, type of business.All of their addons to me were nothing special to me so no big loss.

I agree with you, i will also never buy from them again.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I posted earlier here requesting info re the A320,and got a quick reply from a guy called scobie who later said he moderated their forums.I queried whether the A320 was OK for Vista going by the issues on the forum-and his replywas that Microsoft had not deliverd on promises with Vista,and that upgrading from XP should be done after Vista is bug free.All new computers have Vista!I was referred to their forum-but it is locked!Jay

Just tell everyone the boss is on vacation and hope for the best. You've got to admit, it's a great way to reduce the complaints on their forum :-lol Regards,Jim KarnNOTHING is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest jsample

Thanks to Avsim for posting this info on their home page. I already knew it but others may not have. There is a reply to a problem from Victor, one of the Feelthere developers on the 25th, yesterday, telling the person that they will post their finding on the forum. How ironic that they would do this after locking the forum. Here's the cut from their forum posted yesterday.Folks,As soon as Eric returns we will test this and will come back to you by posting our result here on the forum.Thank youI tried to like their Airbus but after all the problems with it and the locked forum, I'm done with them and Wilco.JSample

Locking the forums is a a horrendously stupid idea. The only reason to do it is fear.Not a penny to them. Ever. (Trying to stifle critical speech on the internet, eh? What's the success ratio for that? Is there a number lower than zero?)

Guest ceedee

Yep I was going to buy from them but spent the money with aerosoft instead. unfortunately that wasnt a good buy either but at least they have a forum to moan on.... Wilco etc will never get another euro from me either.

So far this morning I've seen Wilco, FeelThere, Aerosoft and Ariane slammed. For anyone looking for unbiased info this detracts from the credability of an otherwise excellent place to share information/knowledge. While I am not in favour of a "behind closed doors" support process by closing/locking forums ie the Feelthere A320 it is their company and their choice. It is to FeelTheres' credit that they did not remove negative postings from their Airbus forum and left them there for all to see. Dave

>So far this morning I've seen Wilco, FeelThere, Aerosoft and>Ariane slammed. For anyone looking for unbiased info this>detracts from the credability of an otherwise excellent place>to share information/knowledge. While I am not in favour of a>"behind closed doors" support process by closing/locking>forums ie the Feelthere A320 it is their company and their>choice. It is to FeelTheres' credit that they did not remove>negative postings from their Airbus forum and left them there>for all to see. DaveDave,AVSIM (forum) originally announced this on their forums "headlines" page. They wanted us to know ... you know!This is, IMO, the type of product support information that is very much "needed" on this forum.Have you read any negative comments about E.G. MSFSX on this forum?I am sure you have.All part of saving flight simmers "time and money" ...I know I do not want to spend money on a poorly supported product.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest mingo_cr83

Unfortunately Wilco just slapped the door in every customer face. It's a shame that a "add-on" company like this, took the decision to close the only way to get in touch with their customers in a personalized way. I'll never buy another Wilco/Feelthere Product again, BTW Airliner XP Rules, cannot wait to get that sim in my hands!Sorry for Victor and Eric, but that's the way it is!Roberto

Well, Scoob (feelthere) has been a great help to me, although we couldn't resolve my particular issue, he was kind and responded to every post I had trying to figure out the problem. Locking forums really isn't a good thing to do. I would guess that (and I'm totally speculating) that there is some problem between the two companies. Your analogy Bob, is a pretty good one, that's pretty much how I feel about it as well.