Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

1.31.18.0 Beta is out?

17 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I wonder how the Just Flight traffic addon is doing?

Seems to make no problems as well as FSTL works fine with SU12 beta.

• Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On 2/22/2023 at 7:02 AM, petejohno1 said:

A guy on the WBSim discord who is a beta tester said the C172 was much improved with the setting on low. This is a fantastic aircraft, but the turbulence is overdone with these small bugsmashers.

Hoping this Turbulance slider will make the Sting S4 better to fly.   Right from release, it's suffered terribly from insanely over-the-top buffeting, especially on the yaw axis.   Off to go and see if I can have my first enjoyable flight in this otherwise excellent LSA !

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Do you have a mouse cursor problem inside each cockpit especially on screens?

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

this is a VR only specific issue.

I am not in VR

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

I'm really enjoying SU12 beta so far.

Flew the Sting S4 in real weather (12 knots out of 280).  At first I flew with the new turbulance slider on "low" and, well, it was like being back in FS9 ..... flying absolutely on rails!

I then set it to "medium" and all of the small, nuanced movements came back, but none of the wild windshear-like-effects I used to see with this place.   

In short - fantastic.  Love it.

Going to take the PMDG on a 2hr leg now to see how that feels with turbulance set to medium.

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 minutes ago, JYW said:

Flew the Sting S4 in real weather (12 knots out of 280).  At first I flew with the new turbulance slider on "low" and, well, it was like being back in FS9 ..... flying absolutely on rails!

I then set it to "medium" and all of the small, nuanced movements came back, but none of the wild windshear-like-effects I used to see with this place.   

Going to take the PMDG on a 2hr leg now to see how that feels with turbulance set to medium.

😼I'm jealous! Sofar cannot even start without removing some of my aircraft.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Has it been stated which turbulence setting aligns with pre SU12 turbulence levels?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just now, regis9 said:

Has it been stated which turbulence setting aligns with pre SU12 turbulence levels?

I read somewhere that the hardest setting is the same as the current (pre beta) setting.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Noticed lack of turbulence which seemed almost unreal at altitude and saw this:

- Reduced mountain turbulence with altitude

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

2 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Noticed lack of turbulence which seemed almost unreal at altitude and saw this:

- Reduced mountain turbulence with altitude

Have you checked your assistance settings for turbulence? After installing the beta, it defaults to "low", you should set it to "realistic" if you want to go back to the pre-SU12 levels. 

It may well be that the reduced mountain turbulence contributes to your lack of turbulence though, just worth checking!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

35 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Have you checked your assistance settings for turbulence? After installing the beta, it defaults to "low", you should set it to "realistic" if you want to go back to the pre-SU12 levels. 

It may well be that the reduced mountain turbulence contributes to your lack of turbulence though, just worth checking!

Thanks .. Didnt realize the default is set to low. Will change that when i get home. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

15 hours ago, monica6211 said:

with my community folder empty I get CTD. If I go into safe mode it will start just fine. I do have a lot of payware in the main folder, including Carenado. I'm also looking for the addon that is causing the CTD's.

They all crashed my sim except those 4 I listed.  Temporarily remove all except those 4.  

C337, PA34, PA44 (crashes mine but not others), PC12, and Mooney seem to work for most people 

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Sorry but where is the new slider?

12 minutes ago, mobiel said:

Sorry but where is the new slider?

Somewhere in assistance. By the icing I think.